How long could I wait

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Kittycat
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 R Line

How long could I wait

Post by Kittycat »

Hello fellow Polo owners
I am excited to finally be coming back to VW after many years away :shock:
Anyway I have ordered a R Line Polo in limestone grey with a winter pack.
My question is do you know how long I could wait
I ordered it 3 weeks ago and dealer said around the first week of September,
Does this sound about right & how long do you all wait from order to delivery :D
Jason989
New
Drives: MK10

Re: How long could I wait

Post by Jason989 »

I ordered mine on 12/02/18 and the dealer is telling me it’ll be ready by the end of June... however, on the Volkswagen app, my order is still ‘with the factory’ so hopefully I’ll get a build date soon!

R-line looks good - will definitely be worth the wait for you!
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

Post by TElwoody »

I ordered an SE 95 Manual about a week ago and was told there was 20 week lead times, so that'll put me around mid September if all goes well.

Got mine in white, Salou wheels, Convenience pack, LED Headlights, style pack, Tinted windows, Center armrest, climate control and cruise control.

Will probably be delayed for some reason because of the number of options, but fingers crossed.
Kittycat
Getting There!

Post by Kittycat »

Jason989 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:14 pm I ordered mine on 12/02/18 and the dealer is telling me it’ll be ready by the end of June... however, on the Volkswagen app, my order is still ‘with the factory’ so hopefully I’ll get a build date soon!

I hope mine is not delayed :(
I currently have a lease car due back in October and will be without a car if the Polo is delayed, dealer is convident that it will Be September.
That’s one thing about the app, nothing really moves.
Vw told me that within 4-6 weeks of factory receiving order that they then get a build date.
Hopefully my added extra doesn’t delay things
Dealer is 100 miles from home and don’t fancy driving it when winter sets in.

What kind of polo did you order and did you spec extras?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I'd think that anyone currently tied into a leased arrangement really does need to remember that that is their problem, I can see that leasing does suit some people in as much as it spreads out and maybe limits costs/spending, but really that is a choice that you made, terminating a lease early and taking a financial hit is one thing, hoping your next or non lease car comes at the correct time, I'd think that you are in a horrible position, but that is something that you will need to face at some time or the other if you plan on leaving the car leasing thing.

You say you don't want to have to drive it in winter, yes it is not the best time to start owning a new car, but winter weather comes every 8 or 9 months and last 3 or 4 months in some parts of UK.

Have you checked up to see what the cost of extending your lease by a month would be just in case your car comes late, really unless you settle for a car that a dealer has in stock, you will be always be in a nasty place for any car brand as to exact delivery date.

My first new VW took 10 months as it was a personal import, if my old car failed during that period I would have had to buy something cheap to keep me going, I had worked that out before entering that purchase process, doing that made sense to me, we are all grown ups and are roughly in control of what we do in life so go forward with an element of chance and gamble built in.
Jason989
New

Post by Jason989 »

Kittycat wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:23 am
Jason989 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:14 pm I ordered mine on 12/02/18 and the dealer is telling me it’ll be ready by the end of June... however, on the Volkswagen app, my order is still ‘with the factory’ so hopefully I’ll get a build date soon!

I currently have a lease car due back in October and will be without a car if the Polo is delayed, dealer is convident that it will Be September.
Vw told me that within 4-6 weeks of factory receiving order that they then get a build date.

I ordered a SE in Urano Grey with Seyne wheels, winter pack and park assist... unfortunately just with the MPI engine and not TSI, I think I’m going to notice just how slow it is after having a 2.0 Volvo! But, the Polo is a company car and the deal wasn’t a bad one so, can’t complain too much!

I was originally told that the Polo would be ready by the end of May and then it was put back to the end of June.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Jason989 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:18 am

I ordered a SE in Urano Grey with Seyne wheels, winter pack and park assist... unfortunately just with the MPI engine and not TSI, I think I’m going to notice just how slow it is after having a 2.0 Volvo! But, the Polo is a company car and the deal wasn’t a bad one so, can’t complain too much!

I was originally told that the Polo would be ready by the end of May and then it was put back to the end of June.
What do you mean by ready? build week or at the dealer waiting for you to collect? my SEL was built w/c 9 April and I am told I will see it at the dealer sometime mid June. it takes about 8-9 weeks to get to the dealer from the build week. So if yours is "ready" late June it should already be built and on a ship, if its not then July may be more realistic.
Teras_UK
New
Drives: VW Scirocco, SEL Electric orange

Post by Teras_UK »

Had to wait 5 months for my SEL but i ordered it as soon as it appeared online. I would imagine your looking at less than that now as the factory has swapped over production.
Jason989
New

Post by Jason989 »

mike sel wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:25 pm
Jason989 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:18 am

What do you mean by ready? build week or at the dealer waiting for you to collect? my SEL was built w/c 9 April and I am told I will see it at the dealer sometime mid June. it takes about 8-9 weeks to get to the dealer from the build week. So if yours is "ready" late June it should already be built and on a ship, if its not then July may be more realistic.
Ready as in it should be delivered to my home address by the end of June... but, as I say, it’s still showing as ‘with the factory’ so far... so, not looking too promising. Unless the app is slow to update, which some people have reported.
Kittycat
Getting There!

Post by Kittycat »

RUM4MO wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:37 am I'd think that anyone currently tied into a leased arrangement really does need to remember that that is their problem, I can see that leasing does suit some people in as much as it spreads out and maybe limits costs/spending, but really that is a choice that you made, terminating a lease early and taking a financial hit is one thing, hoping your next or non lease car comes at the correct time, I'd think that you are in a horrible position, but that is something that you will need to face at some time or the other if you plan on leaving the car leasing thing.

You say you don't want to have to drive it in winter, yes it is not the best time to start owning a new car, but winter weather comes every 8 or 9 months and last 3 or 4 months in some parts of UK.

Have you checked up to see what the cost of extending your lease by a month would be just in case your car comes late, really unless you settle for a car that a dealer has in stock, you will be always be in a nasty place for any car brand as to exact delivery date.

My first new VW took 10 months as it was a personal import, if my old car failed during that period I would have had to buy something cheap to keep me going, I had worked that out before entering that purchase process, doing that made sense to me, we are all grown ups and are roughly in control of what we do in life so go forward with an element of chance and gamble built in.
At the same time though if you have gone into a dealer a good 7 months prior to a current lease or even PCP ending yes it is a problem if the new car isn’t available on time however it’s not like I’ve walked in two weeks before and expected a car to just turn up :lol:
At the end of the day my circumstances two years ago were very different to now which is why I chose to lease at that point.
My new car is PCP and I don’t think I would be in a hurry to lease again.
Kittycat
Getting There!

Post by Kittycat »

Teras_UK wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:50 pm Had to wait 5 months for my SEL but i ordered it as soon as it appeared online. I would imagine your looking at less than that now as the factory has swapped over production.
I’ve had two brand new cars before from ford and the wait time was not like VW so I’ve been lucky that I’ve waited 12 weeks max.
I was actually going to order a car in July as I’m used to the three month wait time :shock:
However my husband was selling his car in July and I figured why not order mine now, mine would be here for July so I thought and let him run mine until October.
If I’d known what I had wanted earlier as I was debating a Tiguan, T Roc or a Golf I would have ordered my polo months ago and it would probably have been built by now :D
Here’s hoping it is
Can’t wait
Jason989
New

Post by Jason989 »

So... for anyone who is interested, I've just had a live chat with VW UK who have said that the factory is already closed and will be until August 6th. The next lot of new Polos are not expected in the UK until late October at the least!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Jason989 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:37 pm So... for anyone who is interested, I've just had a live chat with VW UK who have said that the factory is already closed and will be until August 6th. The next lot of new Polos are not expected in the UK until late October at the least!
That’s a incredibly long period of time to close the factory for, but does go some way towards explaining the long waiting times or no confirmed build dates. Normally, the annual shut down to re-tool for next year’s model year changes is a couple of weeks.

I wonder why such a long period of closure? Really frustrating to customers (like many on the forum) who’ve placed orders and haven’t got confirmed build dates, but also incredibly expensive for VW in terms of lost production.
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

I’ve ordered an R-Line 115 manual. Limestone grey with Climate control.

Ordered 16th Jan
Build week 9th April
Left SA on the 25th April and arrived at Emdon yesterday.
Next is a boat to the UK.
Hoping last week in May, Whitsun week.
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

Sorry. Emden. Not Emdon. I keep doing that!!