2016 Blue GT 1.4 TSI ENGINE MODS?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
FAYBAE
Getting There!
Drives: 6C POLO GT DSG

2016 Blue GT 1.4 TSI ENGINE MODS?

Post by FAYBAE »

Hi Guys,

Anyone been able to source any engine mods for the BlueGT polo's?

Spoke with Awesome GTI who stock a range of parts & are in contact with many suppliers and non do any mods for these engines.....is custom the only way to go?

Cheers :(
FAYBAE
Getting There!

Re: 2016 Blue GT 1.4 TSI ENGINE MODS?

Post by FAYBAE »

Spoke to VW, they wont give out part numbers and cant tell me whether the GTI Miltek exhaust fits on these eco tsi engines, TPS don't deal with part number.....seriously like wtf!

Have the rules changed since ive been away? :!:
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

What part numbers do TPS not deal with?

I'd be very surprised if TPS source or stock any aftermarket supplier's parts for VW Group cars, their trade will only be in genuine VW Group service/repair parts and VW UK's aftermarket service stuff like oils and other lubricants.

Edit:- also I thought that TPS were tightening up on who they trade with and should mean that you or I will get told to leave the building?
FAYBAE
Getting There!

Post by FAYBAE »

I was after LED number plate lights OEM off of the GTI, and OEM part numbers for CAT BACK exhaust system off the POLO BlueGT and the GTI to compare whether these Miltek systems fit my car even when they are listed for the GTI'S. The rear silencer is in the same place and the cat is in the same position as the GTpolo so I was guessing it would fit....

Think they all just don't want us to mod the cars with upgraded OEM parts off of more expensive VAG ranges & instead buy the cars hah!
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that your plan should include doing some homework on some of the on line VW Group parts listing sites, like this one:-

https://ifinterface.com/page/page3.php?langid=2

What you need to do is to clip on "Car Prog 2" and then find what/where you want to look up.
FAYBAE
Getting There!

Post by FAYBAE »

Thanks mate,

Would you know what engine code the 1.4TSI BLUE GT engines are & the same for the 1.4 TSI GTI engine?
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

FAYBAE wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:21 pm Spoke to VW, they wont give out part numbers and cant tell me whether the GTI Miltek exhaust fits on these eco tsi engines, TPS don't deal with part number.....seriously like wtf!

Have the rules changed since ive been away? :!:
Well you can't really expect VW to know what kind of aftermarket exhausts fit on their vehicles ;)
FAYBAE
Getting There!

Post by FAYBAE »

No what I wanted from them is to compare the GTI & BueGT from the cat back to see if there were any changes to the exhaust layout....I've come to the conclusion that I'm just going to order a miltek for a gti and see how well it fits, it can be modified slightly if needs be by the garage that can supply them that's not a issue.