warranty transfer to new owner ?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

warranty transfer to new owner ?

Post by albob »

I'm picking my new Polo next week. It is 2 years old, am I right in thinking 2016 polo's came with a 3 year warranty ? -- and will I be able to transfer the remaining year into my name ??
EdgardoRodriguez
Getting There!
Drives: other

Re: warranty transfer to new owner ?

Post by EdgardoRodriguez »

Hello, warranty is for the car itself.
So, if all conditions are met like for example: no modding, official services done in term, etc. The new owner should have the required documents to certify them and so, be covered by the remaining warranty term.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

In the UK, the first two years of VW’s new car factory warranty is an unlimited mileage warranty. The third year has a 60k mileage limitation, so you should automatically get the benefit of the new car warranty until the car reaches 3 years old or 60k miles, whichever happens first. I don’t think the warranty has to be physically transferred to you - the warranty stays with the car.

However, the car does need to have been serviced in accordance with VW’s servicing recommendations For the warranty to remain valid.

If you’re buying an approved used car from a VW dealer and it’s between 2 and 3 years old when you buy it, then you should get a minimum of 12 months warranty. So if you buy a car from a VW dealer that’s 2.5 years old;

- you’d get the benefit of the remainder of the new car warranty for the first 6 months of your ownership (up ‘til when the car’s 3 years old).
- for the next 6 months of your ownership, you’d get the benefit of the Das Welt Auto used car warranty (so 12 months warranty in total).

The terms and conditions of VW’s new car warranty are at the link below;

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/war ... conditions
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

Guys, thanks for the replies -- especially the one all the way from Argentina !!! :)
EdgardoRodriguez
Getting There!
Drives: other

Post by EdgardoRodriguez »

albob wrote:Guys, thanks for the replies -- especially the one all the way from Argentina !!! :)
Hehe a pleasure!!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk