2010 (6R) Rear license plates light help!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ArhamHaris
New

Post by ArhamHaris »

Hi All,

New to this forum and my first ever post!

So I've owned my 1.6 TDI Polo for almost 2 years now and I've just decided to change the rear license plate bulbs. Ordered the following LED bulbs from Ebay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-License-N ... 2749.l2649) however, when I tried to install them I discovered that the connection for the LHS was totally different to what the LED bulbs take (photo attached), and furthermore there was absolutely no wire/bulb for the RHS so it was essentially hollow/empty - How I didn't notice this for over 2 years I've no idea.

Decided to seek guidance here before returning the items for a refund

Anybody have any suggestions?

Any questions let me know!

Thanks in advance!
Rear license plate LHS bulb
Rear license plate LHS bulb
Adam_013
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo Beats 1.0 95PS

Re: 2010 (6R) Rear license plates light help!

Post by Adam_013 »

ArhamHaris wrote:Hi All,

So I've owned my 1.6 TDI Polo for almost 2 years now and I've just decided to change the rear license plate bulbs. Ordered the following LED bulbs from Ebay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-License-N ... 2749.l2649) however, when I tried to install them I discovered that the connection for the LHS was totally different to what the LED bulbs take (photo attached), and furthermore there was absolutely no wire/bulb for the RHS so it was essentially hollow/empty - How I didn't notice this for over 2 years I've no idea.

Thanks in advance!
20190124_162135.jpg
I may be looking at it wrong, but do you need to unplug the bulb holder for the new LEDs to fit in... Push the tab down and pull it to unplug it.

It does also state polo fitment upto the 9n3 (2009). They may of changed connectors since then.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

The best suggestion :arrow: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253725588745
OEM, will work perfectly.
massimo23
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Beats 2017

Post by massimo23 »

I bought a set of led modules for license plate at ledperf.co.uk
No odb errors, easy to fit and really bright
Changed all bulbs interior/exterior for led except for front fog lights and low/high beam which i changed to xenon effect bulbs.
All changed lights have given me no errors and the interior leds are fantastis , it really brightens up.

https://www.ledperf.co.uk/pack-of-2-led ... 11698.html
Robby71
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Golf R-Line EVO

Post by Robby71 »

ArhamHaris wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:14 pm Hi All,

Thanks in advance!

20190124_162135.jpg
Hi
Did you manage to fit the lights? did the connectors unplug from the bulb holders on the origionals?
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

I'll predict the future with the non-original lights/lamps that are being discussed here:
- Between two and four weeks the plastic will begin to melt.
- Many of the large amount of LED that are inside will lose their effectiveness, obtaining a light emission with a very pleasant yellow tone...
- It is highly probable that a short circuit will occur due to the use of unsealed connectors... specially in humid climates.

It's just a little info, nothing more. I don't want to be criticized negatively for helping others.
Andy1273
Bronze Member
Drives: 1.2 tsi polo

Post by Andy1273 »

massimo23 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:22 pm I bought a set of led modules for license plate at ledperf.co.uk
No odb errors, easy to fit and really bright
Changed all bulbs interior/exterior for led except for front fog lights and low/high beam which i changed to xenon effect bulbs.
All changed lights have given me no errors and the interior leds are fantastis , it really brightens up.

https://www.ledperf.co.uk/pack-of-2-led ... 11698.html
I've just purchased the interior set from them too. How did the fitting go? Any tips?
massimo23
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Beats 2017

Post by massimo23 »

Hi andy. Very easy to replace the interior light bulbs. They send you information where each bulb goes and you can download an instruction manual.
If you put them in and they don't work, just flip them over to change the polarity.
No errors appear and work exactly same as original bulbs but with a lot more light and white.