Throttle Stick

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
NathanPeter
New
Drives: 2019 SE Tech Edition

Throttle Stick

Post by NathanPeter »

Hey Guys

Have literally just noticed a problem with my new Polo SE I picked up a couple of weeks ago. When depressing the throttle fully the car seems to get full power but the pedal seams to stick and if you put a bit more pressure on it it seems to move an extra centimetre or so and I’m unsure if it alters the power

I’m going to give the dealership a ring but was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? And if so what it was? Or even if it is normal and some sort of sensor I’m unsure

Thanks
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: Throttle Stick

Post by Andy Beats »

This is normal.
If you're using the speed limiter function, using this extra piece of throttle overrides the speed limiter (accompanied by a warning noise) and allows you to speed up to overtake someone.
Then as soon as you release the throttle back to its normal position, the speed limiter function will resume.
NathanPeter
New
Drives: 2019 SE Tech Edition

Post by NathanPeter »

Andy Beats wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:10 pm This is normal.
If you're using the speed limiter function, using this extra piece of throttle overrides the speed limiter (accompanied by a warning noise) and allows you to speed up to overtake someone.
Then as soon as you release the throttle back to its normal position, the speed limiter function will resume.
Perfect thank you, I’ll take it for a drive and test it out. I wa freaking out cause there’s only 900 miles on the clock
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

NathanPeter wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:14 pm
Andy Beats wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:10 pm This is normal.
Perfect thank you, I’ll take it for a drive and test it out. I wa freaking out cause there’s only 900 miles on the clock
Also, if you have drivers modes on your model and you're driving like miss daisy in eco mode (and only getting 50% throttle response over the travel vs sport mode), if you bury the pedal past the click area towards the end of the pedal travel, the driving mode is overridden and you get full throttle response while you're beyond the click.
jdunstone16
New
Drives: VW Polo Beats 2018

Post by jdunstone16 »

Hi

Mine does the same thing which I believe is normal.

The point of it seems to be that when the speed limiter is activated, adding that bit of pressure causing the accelerator to go that bit further, the speed limiter is deactivated if you need a bit more speed suddenly
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

jdunstone16 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:55 pm Hi

Mine does the same thing which I believe is normal.

The point of it seems to be that when the speed limiter is activated, adding that bit of pressure causing the accelerator to go that bit further, the speed limiter is deactivated if you need a bit more speed suddenly
Yes, which as as I said two posts up.... :wink: