Does the GTI have traffic jam assist?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
fletch555
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+

Does the GTI have traffic jam assist?

Post by fletch555 »

As per the subject, does the GTI have Traffic Jam Assist. i.e. will it pull off with a prod of the accelerator and resume to the pre-defined speed?
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Re: Does the GTI have traffic jam assist?

Post by vc-10 »

Only if fitted with Adaptive Cruise Control. And even then it's not true traffic jam assist, as you don't get any kind of steering input from the system, it's just an ACC system with stop-and-go.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

I do 20K Motorway miles per year, and I find ACC invaluable.
In conjunction with DSG, the ACC can control the speed of the car to the pre-set limit, all the way down to a complete stop without any need for driver input apart from steering.
The only input required if you are using this in a traffic jam scenario is to apply the footbrake once stopped, (You get a warning after a second or two if you haven't done this and ACC disengages) and to release the footbrake once the vehicle in front start moving again. Although you can use the accelerator, there is no need to "prod" it to get the car going again. Assuming the criteria for engine start/stop are met, the engine also cuts off when stopped, and will restart when the radar detects the vehicle in front moving off.
fletch555
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by fletch555 »

Great thanks for the information, will try the next time I'm driving.