Eco Mode - Have to Activate after Start

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
chris.tayler
New

Eco Mode - Have to Activate after Start

Post by chris.tayler »

I really like the eco mode coasting, but find it annoying i have to select eco mode after each start to get it to activate.

Am i missing a setting that makes the gearbox coasting persistent?
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Eco Mode - Have to Activate after Start

Post by monkeyhanger »

Its annoying when certain settings reset after every ignition cycle- for me its park assist coming on again.

Try pulling back the selector against the spring in D mode to cycle between D and E gearbox modes in Eco. The car remembers Eco mode for engine but not for the gearbox.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

chris.tayler wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:53 pm I really like the eco mode coasting, but find it annoying i have to select eco mode after each start to get it to activate.

Am i missing a setting that makes the gearbox coasting persistent?
In my car Individual mode remains selected through each ignition cycle. You could try applying the Eco Settings into the Individual Profile and see if that works as an alternative to selecting Eco mode each time :?:
chris.tayler
New

Post by chris.tayler »

So I’ve tried the eco mode everything in individual mode thinking that would be it...but it was the same. Seems it’s ONLY eco mode that allows coasting :|
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

chris.tayler wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:35 pm So I’ve tried the eco mode everything in individual mode thinking that would be it...but it was the same. Seems it’s ONLY eco mode that allows coasting :|
It can only happen when the gearbox is in eco mode ie, gear indicator is E1, E2, E3 etc.

Put the car on eco mode and you can leave it there. On next ignition cycle the gearbox will be in D mode (D1, D2, D3 etc. Pull the gear lever backwards against the spring to cycle between D and E gearbox modes. In E mode you will get your free wheeling until you touch the brakes to avoid picking up speed downhill. You will get it again after accelerating again.
chris.tayler
New

Post by chris.tayler »

That’s what I thought, but even when showing E in individual it does not coast. The only time coasting works is when in E on eco mode. I’ll ask a passenger to record sometime to show what I mean.