keys/locks/ignition/ecu enquiry

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
mario.ghantous
New

keys/locks/ignition/ecu enquiry

Post by mario.ghantous »

Hello,

I have just bought a VW Polo 2013 S60. It has no keys.

Would buying a second hand ECU+Ignition coil+door lock cylinder and key, sort my problem?

Will I need to program the car to the new ECU to get it working as supposed to?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: keys/locks/ignition/ecu enquiry

Post by RUM4MO »

Can you not contact your local VW dealership with proof of ownership and VIN number of that car and they should be able to provide a new key or keys from build information from VW importer in your country?
After getting the new keys, tow/trailer it to your local VW dealership and they can code the new keys to that car's system.
mario.ghantous
New

Post by mario.ghantous »

Thanks for the reply.

I did, it takes up to 21 days, need to tow it there with 3 different types of proof of ID, proof of ownership, utility bill, write and sing a song. Then I have to wait for them to get the key cut from Germany and sent here, then tow it back there for them to program it.

My car will be here in under 4 days and I need to find a way to at least lock it ASAP, as I’m keeping it on the road.
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

Do not know the story behind the 'no keys' but if lost by the previous owner beware that they might re-appear and your car disappear! Keeping it safe will require a security device or disabling the car in some way. The alternative to the dealer is: https://www.locksmiths.co.uk/faq/5-ways ... keys-lost/

Some provide a 24 hour service and will be cheaper than a dealership.
mario.ghantous
New

Post by mario.ghantous »

How would I find out if my car had a remote key or a standard key? As then a locksmith will be much easier.

But if I was to get a remote key I'd rather have a VW genuine key, and to get that ill have to replace with a secondhand ECU, clocks, ignition, and locks, and reprogram. But I also heard that I can also get away with replacing ignition and key and reprogram. Either way, I don't think ill manage it without programming, does anyone know a better way or a more guaranteed way? And can anyone recommend a programmer that won't break the bank, near Northolt UB5?

many thanks
mario.ghantous
New

Post by mario.ghantous »

So I got the car today and it’s a standard key. No remote. If I buy a second hand ignition with the corresponding key will I need to program that to the car?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Yes, the important programming is for the engine immobiliser and that is needed even for the standard key.
mario.ghantous
New

Post by mario.ghantous »

ended up getting a locksmith. £160 two standard keys. quick and cheerful. pretty happy with that.