Coins fallen into demister

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
SamMorrell1990
New
Drives: 2017 plate 1.2 TSI BlueMotion

Coins fallen into demister

Post by SamMorrell1990 »

Hi, I don't know if anyone can help me

My girlfriend's daughter threw a 2p coin and it went down the little windscreen demister vent in my polo. I was wondering if there was any way to take the vent out and retrieve it. It's not blocking the airway atall, it jus makes an annoying noise when going round corners.

I thought about attaching a magnet pen in there to magnetise it out but if there's an easier way, please can someone advise me

Many thanks
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Coins fallen into demister

Post by RUM4MO »

Magnets will only grab ferro magnetic material, so that will not work, maybe a length of stiff wire with double sided tape wrapped round it might work, pulling the ducting off will be problematic in the extreme!
d-ash
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 2016 R-Line 1.2 90PS - Blue Silk

Post by d-ash »

2p coin can be lifted with a magnet; just checked. So this looks like the route to take. Good luck !!

Attach a very small disc magnet with sticky tape to something slightly flexible (a straw or stiff wire?) so you can manoeuvre.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

d-ash wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:02 pm 2p coin can be lifted with a magnet; just checked. So this looks like the route to take. Good luck !!

Attach a very small disc magnet with sticky tape to something slightly flexible (a straw or stiff wire?) so you can manoeuvre.
Jeez, coins now ferro magnetic, next they will be making plastic bank note, oh no, they are already!!