Android Auto update

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Android Auto update

Post by MilgeS »

Hi all, I got the new update today and think it's a nice improvement over the old version, anyone else got it yet and have any thoughts, pro's/cons?

As an aside, Google Maps, is there any way to turn off road names on the map display please? I have searched settings but can't find a switch to turn them off. And is it possible to show the speed on the display too or is it just the phone app that shows it?
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: Android Auto update

Post by S_94 »

I've just given it a try. Looks much better than the previous version, although the majority of apps it displays I won't use. Spotify looks much cleaner and the message notifications also look good as well.

Only gripe with it is that Google Maps opens by default when plugging my phone in. Would rather it go straight to Spotify but it's not a huge issue.

If anyone's hasn't updated you may have to change the settings in Android Auto seen below.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190806-200926.jpg
Adam_013
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo Beats 1.0 95PS

Post by Adam_013 »

S_94 wrote:I've just given it a try. Looks much better than the previous version, although the majority of apps it displays I won't use. Spotify looks much cleaner and the message notifications also look good as well.

Only gripe with it is that Google Maps opens by default when plugging my phone in. Would rather it go straight to Spotify but it's not a huge issue.

If anyone's hasn't updated you may have to change the settings in Android Auto seen below.
You can change what opens when AA launches. I have it set to nothing.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Adam_013 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:50 pm
S_94 wrote:I've just given it a try. Looks much better than the previous version, although the majority of apps it displays I won't use. Spotify looks much cleaner and the message notifications also look good as well.

Is this in the settings? I can't see it.
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

S_94 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:55 pm
Adam_013 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:50 pm

Is this in the settings? I can't see it.
I haven't tried it in the car yet but just seen this "resume media" switch
Attachments
Screenshot_20190806-212931_Android Auto.jpg
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Hmm I tried that and the music just resumed over the Google Maps screen. :cry:
Laquel
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI DSG Reef Blue

Post by Laquel »

Don't have my polo yet but could someone please clarify me, can I use google maps in the digital gauge cluster or only the center screen. I know that early on it was only the center screen but in some forum a guy said that after an update it's also usable in the gauge display.
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

S_94 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:37 pm Hmm I tried that and the music just resumed over the Google Maps screen. :cry:
Same, I'll have a look at other settings later when I get time.
Awesum
New
Drives: Polo Gti 6c

Post by Awesum »

Laquel wrote:Don't have my polo yet but could someone please clarify me, can I use google maps in the digital gauge cluster or only the center screen. I know that early on it was only the center screen but in some forum a guy said that after an update it's also usable in the gauge display.
No, only in the center screen

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk