Stop/start not working suddenly

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
zachhashley
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Stop/start not working suddenly

Post by zachhashley »

The past few days my stop/start hasn't been working. I've noticed the temperature outside has dropped significantly and my commute to work is only around 3.5 miles, so not sure if the car is trying to keep itself warm by not stop/starting on my short commute. Having said that, I've just been on a 15/20 minute journey and the stop/start still didn't kick in. I should also mention that the temperature has reached 90 as I know that some people say that the function doesn't work unless the car has reached this temperature.

Any thoughts on what could be the problem?
27_craig
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Re: Stop/start not working suddenly

Post by 27_craig »

Possibly because power consumption is too high with heaters on, lights on, heated rear window, mirrors etc plus if you are only doing 3.5 mile commute the battery may be a little low on charge.

If you go in to the CAR menu on your infotainment screen you can look at the status of the start stop.

I have done this myself and it sometimes says power consumption too high or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zachhashley
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Re: Stop/start not working suddenly

Post by zachhashley »

27_craig wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:23 pm Possibly because power consumption is too high with heaters on, lights on, heated rear window, mirrors etc plus if you are only doing 3.5 mile commute the battery may be a little low on charge.

If you go in to the CAR menu on your infotainment screen you can look at the status of the start stop.

I have done this myself and it sometimes says power consumption too high or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sound. I'll check this and let you know