Front assist, sensor impaired

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Bonodog
New
Drives: Polo tsi, polo diesel Sel

Front assist, sensor impaired

Post by Bonodog »

Hi All,
Does anyone else get the above message whenever it is raining, is this a fault, as I would imagine that during the rain we would like as much assistance as possible when it comes to staying safe?
Many thanks
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Re: Front assist, sensor impaired

Post by Dark_cze »

depends on how strong rain is it. It is connected with ACC and I got it a few times. Mostly because my front badge was dirty or covered in snow but strong raind also triggered error.
giannis159
Getting There!
Drives: polo aw Rline 1.0 115ps

Post by giannis159 »

Ι never had error in rain heavy or no. I had only in snow because the badge covered.

Στάλθηκε από το MI 8 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Only snow as a cause for me too, when the bulk of what was on the bonnet slid over it.
Bonodog
New

Post by Bonodog »

Hi All.
Thanks for that, 1st thing is to clean my badge
Bonodog
New

Post by Bonodog »

Dark_cze wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:34 pm depends on how strong rain is it. It is connected with ACC and I got it a few times. Mostly because my front badge was dirty or covered in snow but strong raind also triggered error.
Thanks
Bonodog
New

Post by Bonodog »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:29 pm Only snow as a cause for me too, when the bulk of what was on the bonnet slid over it.
Thanks
Bonodog
New

Post by Bonodog »

giannis159 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:06 pm Ι never had error in rain heavy or no. I had only in snow because the badge covered.

Thanks
johnparker
Getting There!

Post by johnparker »

I've had the error twice. Both times on the motorway in the dark with heavy rain, loads of spray and heavy traffic. Just what I needed while concentrating on staying alive was a loud Ding, a bright yellow warning light and a message to read!!!! And the badge was clean.
I hate front assist. I have also had the brakes slam on hard (only for a second) on 3 occasions now for no reason at all. It's really scarey.
I now turn it off every time I start the car. Just 3 button presses on the right had side of the steering wheel.
giannis159
Getting There!

Post by giannis159 »

So you have to go to the dealer see the faults and maybe they will replace it. I heard this issue again has been happend in other cars.

Bonodog
New

Post by Bonodog »

johnparker wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:26 pm I've had the error twice. Both times on the motorway in the dark with heavy rain, loads of spray and heavy traffic. Just what I needed while concentrating on staying alive was a loud Ding, a bright yellow warning light and a message to read!!!! And the badge was clean.
I hate front assist. I have also had the brakes slam on hard (only for a second) on 3 occasions now for no reason at all. It's really scarey.
I now turn it off every time I start the car. Just 3 button presses on the right had side of the steering wheel.
Thanks, I was on the motorway too and it usually disappears after I get off or the next time I start the car
Bonodog
New

Post by Bonodog »

giannis159 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:39 pm So you have to go to the dealer see the faults and maybe they will replace it. I heard this issue again has been happend in other cars.

Thanks I will try to catch it on camera next time
Bonodog
New

Post by Bonodog »

giannis159 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:39 pm So you have to go to the dealer see the faults and maybe they will replace it. I heard this issue again has been happend in other cars.

Thanks, I will try to catch it on camera next time
giannis159
Getting There!

Post by giannis159 »

I think that the dealer could see these errors and the reason. I think that you must go to check it. Record it with camera its very good idea but its very dangerous for you and the others so if was you i would call to the dealer immediately. Sometimes new cars has errors so warranty helping us.

MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

Bonodog wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:02 pm Hi All,
Does anyone else get the above message whenever it is raining, is this a fault, as I would imagine that during the rain we would like as much assistance as possible when it comes to staying safe?
Many thanks
Mine was on for half a day last week, same the week before, hasn't been on since, it's often on intermittently.