Hello again

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
CiblueGT
New
Drives: Polo BlueGT

Hello again

Post by CiblueGT »

Just a quick re introduction. I just picked up my new to me Polo GTI plus yesterday. Its a great spec and is a ex uk car with a few thousand miles on. Im an old member of the group who used to have a polo blue GT, this had to be sold when my daughter came along for space for buggys etc. Long story short Im back. Look forward to using the forum to get me used to my new car.

I will get some pics up when I work out how!!
Last edited by CiblueGT on Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: Hello again

Post by lancslad1985 »

Welcome back. I’d be interested to know your opinion as I’m considering a gti plus for my next car but wondering about the boot space and if it’ll do with an 8 year old.
Rosinfield
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 AW GTI

Post by Rosinfield »

Welcome back
CiblueGT
New

Post by CiblueGT »

Hi Lancslad1985 Car size is perfect for my daughter and all her bits and bobs, can get her bike in, I’m also getting a top box for when we go to uk or France.
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Cheers Ciblue. I had a golf gtd that I adored, but can’t afford another. The polo gti looks fantastic - there was a gorgeous reef blue one on my street Christmas Day with the Parker alloys, but the boot size concerns me and the ride. My wife had the last polo gti and it was spine destroying.
CiblueGT
New

Post by CiblueGT »

The boot is bigger than the focus ST believe it or not. So shopping and things like that aren’t a problem.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

lancslad1985 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:35 pm Cheers Ciblue. I had a golf gtd that I adored, but can’t afford another. The polo gti looks fantastic - there was a gorgeous reef blue one on my street Christmas Day with the Parker alloys, but the boot size concerns me and the ride. My wife had the last polo gti and it was spine destroying.
If you have concerns over boot size and ride comfort, then you probably need to go and check one out to see if the boot size is adequate for your needs, and also take a test drive to check out the ride comfort.

Be aware that, as with the previous generation GTI, the current GTI/GTI+ loses the lower boot floor position, so maximum luggage capacity with the rear seats in place is 305 litres (all other Polo model luggage capacity with the rear seats in place; 351 litres). Ride comfort is very subjective, and what’s overly firm and ‘spine destroying’ for one person will be perfectly OK for another person. I currently have the previous generation Polo GTI and although there’s no getting away from the fact that the ride is firm, I find it’s fine and perfectly OK for me............in ‘Normal’ mode.

My car has what was the optional Sports Performance pack on the previous GTI, and I have to say that in ‘Sport’ mode, the ride is very firm for me, to the point that I pretty much always leave it in ‘Normal’ mode, which is the default setting.
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

SRGTD wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:33 pm [quote=lancslad1985 post_id=564423 time=<a href="tel:1577478940">1577478940</a> user_id=15903]
Cheers Ciblue. I had a golf gtd that I adored, but can’t afford another. The polo gti looks fantastic - there was a gorgeous reef blue one on my street Christmas Day with the Parker alloys, but the boot size concerns me and the ride. My wife had the last polo gti and it was spine destroying.
If you have concerns over boot size and ride comfort, then you probably need to go and check one out to see if the boot size is adequate for your needs, and also take a test drive to check out the ride comfort.

Be aware that, as with the previous generation GTI, the current GTI/GTI+ loses the lower boot floor position, so maximum luggage capacity with the rear seats in place is 305 litres (all other Polo model luggage capacity with the rear seats in place; 351 litres). Ride comfort is very subjective, and what’s overly firm and ‘spine destroying’ for one person will be perfectly OK for another person. I currently have the previous generation Polo GTI and although there’s no getting away from the fact that the ride is firm, I find it’s fine and perfectly OK for me............in ‘Normal’ mode.

My car has what was the optional Sports Performance pack on the previous GTI, and I have to say that in ‘Sport’ mode, the ride is very firm for me, to the point that I pretty much always leave it in ‘Normal’ mode, which is the default setting.
[/quote]

Cheers SRGTD. My wife had the gti you have and it was a great little car. But it was too little and too firm. Just need to find time to try the new one as I’ve read it’s meant to be softer.
CiblueGT
New

Post by CiblueGT »

I’m really struggling to post photos, do you have to use a hoisting site? I read the instructions and the attachments section does not appear to work for me.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

I use https://imgur.com/upload?beta. Just link to the photo then. :)
CiblueGT
New

Post by CiblueGT »

CiblueGT
New

Post by CiblueGT »

S_94 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:40 pm I use https://imgur.com/upload?beta. Just link to the photo then. :)

THANKS!!
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Looks great mate! Best colour choice in my opinion, I am biassed though. :lol:
GTI Polo Fin
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2019

Post by GTI Polo Fin »

It just looks so good 😃
I’m getting mine in 2 weeks. Also in white... I don’t understand VW, why they are offering such an poor choice of colors for GTI. Orange with black roof would look amazing.
CiblueGT
New

Post by CiblueGT »

The blue is lovely too. Nearly bought one but it didnt have winter pack or reverse cameras.