VW Polo 6C MFSW retrofit with paddles Help.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Tex
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 6C 1.2 TSI DSG

VW Polo 6C MFSW retrofit with paddles Help.

Post by Tex »

Hi, This is my First post, please forgive me if there are any errors.

So i have a 2015 polo 6C 1.2 TSI DSG Comfort-line, the 6C1 3EZ to be exact.

My car has CC, composition color radio, and flat bottom leather steering wheel in gloss black.

My steering wheel doesn't have any buttons, so i read some forums and watched a lot of videos on retrofitting a wheel, i struggled to find some on the 6C, so i though let me try, i bought a new Golf 7.5 steering wheel with the DSG paddles and the multi-functional buttons, i went to go have the wheel mounted, as no surprise no buttons worked nor the back-lighting, i new i had to do wiring to the BCM and coding.

However, i recently came across a member on this forum with the same idea as mine, same car as well, it was upsetting to see that he couldn't do the retrofit as the BCM wasn't compatible as it doesn't have Pin 13 /17 on the C block on the BCM module.

With panic i went and pulled mine out, with much disappointment and a already expensive purchase on a high end GTI 7.5 MFSW wheel i see mine doesn't have pin 13 either :cry:

Here is the details of my BCM:

Central electronics

Part #: 6C0937087B

Coding: 00001840425300534B844000400703081000590251010000000000000000 (hex)
Component: BCM PQ26 Me4R

VW doesn't want to replace my BCM as it is not allowed, however i asked them for the part number associated with my VIN for a replacement BCM to see if its the same as mine and they said the BCM associated with my VIN is :

6C0937089E

Which is obviously different to the one installed.
VW dealer said they can possibly try install this, but at a cost of EUR 580.00 or Gbp 512.00

which with the price of the wheel i already bought would make it not worth it.

I really want the wheel for the DSG tabs / paddles as i really want to shift with these, I don't even care about the media buttons or multifunctional buttons i just want the DSG paddles to work.

Is there anyone that could please help me?

I have attached a picture of my BCM (Also would just adding a pin into pin 13 help?)
20200407_150214.jpg
Thank you , also i apologize for the length of the post, want to be as detailed as possible.