Active info display needle sweep with OBDeleven

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Teee
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo gti +

Active info display needle sweep with OBDeleven

Post by Teee »

Good afternoon everyone, has anyone managed to get the following adaptations/ changes to work with OBDeleven? Active info display clock (as there is no clock on the display), Mirrors out with ignition on instead of unlocking & needle sweep gauge test with active info display. I’ve tried long coding then staging & adaptations then staging but it says not available. These changes are not hugely important but would be nice to have them

I’ve made 25 other changes using long coding and adaptation method as some of the one click apps don’t work e.g needle sweep, dRl settings in head unit and a few others.

Most the codes I’ve used are in this link :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wMSDN_ ... LTO5l/view

Disclaimer, the link above is not mine, I’ve simply found it on a forum and used some of the adaptations/ changes. Not everything will work on your car, when making adaptations/ changes to your vehicle be careful, make ONE change at a time and check if it works, if it doesn’t work go back and undo what you’ve done as it can throw up fault codes etc. If you’re unsure about something plz ask and I’ll do my best to help.

I’ve also used YouTube and other Forums for a couple other codes.

Any help information or advice would be much appreciated thanks in advance.
Last edited by Teee on Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
proalves
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI AW1 2019

Re: Active info display needle sweep with OBDeleven

Post by proalves »

Needle sweep doesn't work on active info display.
Mirrors out with ignition i found this in another forum but I didn't test it.

Folding mirrors automatically when car is locked and add the fold on park menu option: (this was similar to the OPs code but OBD added a space in one of the german words in my car which confused me for a minute, so i'll just repost it):
[09] Central Electronics
[10] Adaptation
[23] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappen change to "active", click do it
[26] - Access control 2 - Menuesteuerung Funkspiegel anklappen change to “active”
[24] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus change to “by look command via remote control key”
and then check is mirrors and parking on car settings to make sure "Fold away after parking" is checked.

If it works says anything...
SimonPoole
Getting There!

Post by SimonPoole »

I've activated needle sweep on the AID in my Tiguan using Carista.
Mine is the mk1 AID, so maybe it isn't possible on the mk2?
Teee
Bronze Member

Post by Teee »

proalves wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:41 pm Needle sweep doesn't work on active info display.
Mirrors out with ignition i found this in another forum but I didn't test it.

Folding mirrors automatically when car is locked and add the fold on park menu option: (this was similar to the OPs code but OBD added a space in one of the german words in my car which confused me for a minute, so i'll just repost it):
[09] Central Electronics
[10] Adaptation
[23] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappen change to "active", click do it
[26] - Access control 2 - Menuesteuerung Funkspiegel anklappen change to “active”
[24] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus change to “by look command via remote control key”
and then check is mirrors and parking on car settings to make sure "Fold away after parking" is checked.

If it works says anything...
Thanks for the reply appreciate it, yeah I had a feeling gauge sweep doesn’t work for active info display.

I had a look at the mirror settings in adaptations, I found the settings in the submenu spiegelverstellung, they all seem to be already set up as you described.
Attachments
OBDeleven on iOS the settings Are already as described
OBDeleven on iOS the settings Are already as described
Teee
Bronze Member

Post by Teee »

SimonPoole wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:27 pm I've activated needle sweep on the AID in my Tiguan using Carista.

Is that the same or similar to the golf mk7.5? If so that it’s possible on there however I don’t think it’s possible on the polo
SimonPoole
Getting There!

Post by SimonPoole »

Teee wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:47 pm
SimonPoole wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:27 pm I've activated needle sweep on the AID in my Tiguan using Carista.

Is that the same or similar to the golf mk7.5? If so that it’s possible on there however I don’t think it’s possible on the polo
Not sure what the Golf mk7.5 has.
It does have a clock though, which I know the later ones don't.
Mine is MY18 and I think that it was changed for MY19 to the current version with no clock.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

Golf have first version of AID
fletch555
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by fletch555 »

What is ACC overtake (must have ACC)?
Teee
Bronze Member

Post by Teee »

fletch555 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:50 am What is ACC overtake (must have ACC)?
If you have Active cruise control (acc) when driving along and you’re about to undertake another vehicle the car will slow down and not undertake. The person that made the list of changes just named it wrongly should be called acc undertake.

This is something I haven’t disabled, as it’s a safety feature. also if you want to override it You can simply press the accelerator a touch, or press the buttons on the steering wheel that increases the speed, e.g You’re driving along, you have a car in the middle lane doing 65 you are in the slow lane doing 70 , acc Is set to 70 your car now slows down to 65, if you tap the button on the wheel to set the speed to 75 it will undertake the car then set the speed back to 70.

Edit-
It would be something worth disabling if your planning on driving in mainland Europe I guess.
fletch555
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by fletch555 »

Teee wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:25 pm
If you have Active cruise control (acc) when driving along and you’re about to undertake another vehicle the car will slow down and not undertake. The person that made the list of changes just named it wrongly should be called acc undertake.

This is something I haven’t disabled, as it’s a safety feature. also if you want to override it You can simply press the accelerator a touch, or press the buttons on the steering wheel that increases the speed, e.g You’re driving along, you have a car in the middle lane doing 65 you are in the slow lane doing 70 , acc Is set to 70 your car now slows down to 65, if you tap the button on the wheel to set the speed to 75 it will undertake the car then set the speed back to 70.

Edit-
It would be something worth disabling if your planning on driving in mainland Europe I guess.
Thanks for the info...I did know all that already. I had hoped it would address my slight frustration with ACC (below)
When I'm on the motorway following another vehicle with ACC enabled and I indicate to overtake, ACC starts to accelerate (violating the pre-set distance between the two cars momentarily) but unless I change lane really quickly, it then starts to brake before I've made the lane change.
Teee
Bronze Member

Post by Teee »

fletch555 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:00 pm
Teee wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:25 pm

Edit-
Thanks for the info...I did know all that already. I had hoped it would address my slight frustration with ACC (below)
When I'm on the motorway following another vehicle with ACC enabled and I indicate to overtake, ACC starts to accelerate (violating the pre-set distance between the two cars momentarily) but unless I change lane really quickly, it then starts to brake before I've made the lane change.

Oh ok I see, there probably is a way to deactivate this however I’ve not come across it on any forums, I’m sorry I can’t help you with this. If I do come across something I’ll forward the relevant link. Or even better if someone comes across this topic with a better understanding of coding Etc maybe they can help.