Activating Appconnect

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Colleyking
New
Drives: 2014 Polo SE 3dr

Activating Appconnect

Post by Colleyking »

Hi,

I've got a 2014 Polo SE (the one with the CD player in the glovebox) and was wondering if there is a way to add Appconnect to it, more specifically Apple carplay?

The infotainment screen has Mirrorlink, though it's not activated but no sign of Appconnect. And with the odd layout of the radio being in the glovebox i can't get a Carplay enabled system installed.

Any help would be appreciated.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: Activating Appconnect

Post by Dink »

being as you have an early 6c i'm sure you will just have mirror link and not the full app connect

and imho mirror link is not worth the time of day (i specc'd my gti with mirror link and tried to use it once and that's it)

i'd recommend changing the unit in the glove box and then getting the whole lot.

i'd highly recommend https://en-gb.facebook.com/NorthEastVAGAdaptions/ i'm going to be sending mine to him shortly to get app connect enabled
JaegerStriker
Bronze Member
Drives: 6C GTI

Post by JaegerStriker »

Dink wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:08 pm being as you have an early 6c i'm sure you will just have mirror link and not the full app connect

and imho mirror link is not worth the time of day (i specc'd my gti with mirror link and tried to use it once and that's it)

i'd recommend changing the unit in the glove box and then getting the whole lot.

i'd highly recommend https://en-gb.facebook.com/NorthEastVAGAdaptions/ i'm going to be sending mine to him shortly to get app connect enabled
sorry to hijack. are you sending the full unit over or just swapping it out with a complete replacement with everything activated?
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

I've already upgraded to the correct unit so just sending the unit out of the glovebox.

If you keep a look out on Ebay they sometimes appear for around the 50 quid mark
JaegerStriker
Bronze Member

Post by JaegerStriker »

Dink wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:07 am I've already upgraded to the correct unit so just sending the unit out of the glovebox.

If you keep a look out on Ebay they sometimes appear for around the 50 quid mark
what manufacturer is yours
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

It a vw oem unit 3q0035842b is the part number for it.
JaegerStriker
Bronze Member

Post by JaegerStriker »

Dink wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:44 pm It a vw oem unit 3q0035842b is the part number for it.
same as mine. ive got the PREH unit. had it "activated" but the coding didnt take after a few hours.
marco_polo
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6C 2016

Post by marco_polo »

As Dink said above contact North East Vag adaptations. Just got one of these units myself. It’s great all works perfectly. I came from the unit ending in 820b.completely plug and play.
rbz5416
Getting There!
Drives: 6C

Post by rbz5416 »

marco_polo wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:05 pm As Dink said above contact North East Vag adaptations. Just got one of these units myself. It’s great all works perfectly. I came from the unit ending in 820b.completely plug and play.
Did you buy the replacement from them or supply your own for reprogramming?

Any links for the removal of the glovebox unit?