Swapping out heater control dials for digital

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
benfull1312
New
Drives: 2019 Polo R Line 115ps

Swapping out heater control dials for digital

Post by benfull1312 »

Hi,
Does anyone know if you can swap out the heater control dials for a digital screen/ display? It’s on a 2019 R line
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: Swapping out heater control dials for digital

Post by Andy Beats »

So you want to convert it from manual aircon to automatic climate control?
I've been told this is a nightmare, all sorts of sensors and motors needed for the automatic flow of air etc.
Big job and lots of money.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Andy Beats wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:17 pm So you want to convert it from manual aircon to automatic climate control?
I've been told this is a nightmare, all sorts of sensors and motors needed for the automatic flow of air etc.
Big job and lots of money.
Yes, that’s what I’ve heard.

I had auto climate control in my previous Polo GTI and it didn’t seem any better at cooling / dehumidifying than the standard manual air con does that I have in my GTI+. Also, the manual air con is easier to adjust while driving - some might say the auto climate control won’t need adjusting, but I didn’t find that was the case in my last car

The auto climate control display may look a bit nicer, but the likely cost involved for a more aesthetically pleasing display isn’t worth it IMHO.
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

SRGTD wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:03 pm The auto climate control display may look a bit nicer, but the likely cost involved for a more aesthetically pleasing display isn’t worth it IMHO.
TBH it's not the most modern climate control display either, still has knobs when I'd much prefer all push button.