Turn signal bulb that is not orange on the outside.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
mirceaculita
Silver Member
Drives: 6R 1.2TDI 75hp

Turn signal bulb that is not orange on the outside.

Post by mirceaculita »

Is there such a thing? I have the H4 headlights and the signal bulb reflects into the plastics and makes half the headlight yellow, looks kinda weird imo.
Bepis
Silver Member
Drives: 2017 6C GTi Manual

Re: Turn signal bulb that is not orange on the outside.

Post by Bepis »

Philips silver vision would be the easiest option. Or LED if you have a scan tool and can change the bulb load type in the central electrics module to LED so you don't get a bulb out warning and hyper flash indicators.
Silver Member
Drives: Cross Polo 1.2TSI 2017

Post by 2226 »

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Silver-V ... B00K695OGU
https://www.amazon.com/OSRAM-Diadem-Chr ... VJO6&psc=1

Otherwise LED, but they come with their own annoyances and 5 bajillion different variants whose main aim in life is to be as bright and blinding as possible. Still want though :D
Bepis
Silver Member

Post by Bepis »

2226 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:59 am Otherwise LED, but they come with their own annoyances and 5 bajillion different variants whose main aim in life is to be as bright and blinding as possible. Still want though :D
I've got the Philips x-treme ultinon LED indicator bulbs fitted both front and rear in mine and they work great. Nice bright light with the "crisp" on and off from an LED. I did have to change the bulb load type using VCDS to not have any hyper flash or bulb errors though.

The LED isn't directly visible so you don't dazzle anyone as the LEDs point backward at 45° relying on the reflector to get the light out so they may not work at all in some housings. But they work very well in the 6C Polo's. I've got LED headlights so not sure if the housing is any different compared to the halogen.

I'll see if I can get any videos of them.

It also seems that "you get what you pay for" applies as you can get some no names for £7~ and the Philips costing £32~. There are some no-names that are quite good but it can be a gamble and the quality varies massively.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx_ZumNpEj0&t=775s

But for those that just want the orange reflection in the housing gone a sliver coated bulb from Phillips or Osram will do the job perfectly well.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

as @2226 said, get chrome bulbs ✌️
mirceaculita
Silver Member

Post by mirceaculita »

Well I had no idea chrome bulbs were a thing, but I'll get those for sure.

Whenever I hear LEDs in halogen designed headlights, all I can imagine is melted plastic and a bit of fire :lol: . I'm sure they work wonders if you make some research and buy quality LEDs, but I'm still afraid ngl
TrebleTA
Bronze Member
Drives: 2021-22 GTI+

Post by TrebleTA »

Well to be fair old bulbs use to be worse, burned my fingers many times in the past, messing with old cars. LEDs would be better in my eyes, just get a good make, no ebay specials :) and as long as you can set them up correct.
On my polo I have oem LED lights not sure if it's on the sides too, but i do like them.
mirceaculita
Silver Member

Post by mirceaculita »

Just installed the Philips Silver Vision and I would say the difference is pretty major. There is still some orange being reflected. I would say the bulbs are 95% chrome and 5% orange.

Tbh I think the little orange that is reflected in the housing is only visible when viewing it from straight on and from any other angle it's perfectly chrome.

As you can see from the picture, they are very nice and I can recommend them for who wants to get rid of the orange reflections.
semnalizari.png
semnalizari.png (893.25 KiB) Viewed 382 times
Bepis
Silver Member

Post by Bepis »

Looks good :D

No more "fried egg".