Knocking under Heavy Braking

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
timharmer
New
Drives: 2016 Blue GT

Knocking under Heavy Braking

Post by timharmer »

Dear other Polo drivers,

Had my (wife's) blue GT for couple of years now. It's currently in the shop as it had new brakes (pads and discs), wishbones as there were some cracks in one, and then I took the opportunity to fit EIBACH Pro Kit to get a slighter sportier feel.

All was fine until the mechanic took it for a test drive to bed in the brakes. Then under some heavy braking, he noticed a strange sound he's never heard before. In his words it's
"A knocking under heavy braking, like ABS but a sounds like rotation rather than a simple knock".

He thinks because EIBACH don't list the Blue GT on their website even though they state the correct engine displacement and the springs fit all the engine displacements for the 6R. He thinks the suspension could be causing wear or distress on other parts which I find strange.

I am saying if it's under braking then it must be an issue with the new discs or pads fitted.

Apologies for the vagueness of the explanation as I haven't actually driven the car after the work. It's only under heavy braking.

Has anyone experienced this before on their polo or more accurately Polo Blue GT. Any suggestions would be fantastic and a lot of help as the mechanic and I are lost as what direction to go down.

Thanks in advance.
Tim
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Re: Knocking under Heavy Braking

Post by amer6R »

maybe something isnt tighten down, wishbone, ball joint or calliper guide, or pad carrier
JoseGTI
New
Drives: Polo 6C GTI 1.8 TSI

Post by JoseGTI »

I have the same problem. But is not only braking, its happen too when acelerate on bad roads or on bumps.

Have you got any information about that? I have a 6C GTI with vwr springs (i think are mades by eibach). I change the braking pads and still make that noise. I can feel a hit when the noise occurs.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

knocking? drive shaft/CV joint?
JoseGTI
New
Drives: Polo 6C GTI 1.8 TSI

Post by JoseGTI »

Could be. Do you know how can i test it?