voice control wants me to pay 250 quid to use it ?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

voice control wants me to pay 250 quid to use it ?

Post by LEEA123 »

When i picked the car up the dealer showed me to use the voice command button, thought I would try it today, but it told me I need to pay for it on screen, 250 pounds. I got the connect plus with car for two years , is this not included?
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Re: voice control wants me to pay 250 quid to use it ?

Post by johnpolo2 »

I paid for it on my previous car but I'm not too bothered this time. I speak many of my commands to android auto..does a great job and better in many cases for what I want.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: voice control wants me to pay 250 quis to use it ?

Post by SRGTD »

Looks like it should be included as part of We Connect Plus - Online Voice Control to control Vehicle functions - technical requirements; Discover Media, Discover Pro or Ready 2 Discover; Voice Control

Presumably you’ve completed the registration process for We Connect Plus? (website states this needs to be done within 90 days of vehicle handover).

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/connect ... vices.html

I don’t have any personal experience with voice control but I’ve read on other VW forums it can struggle with regional accents. Also, it doesn’t always understand what you’re asking it to do even if you don’t have a strong regional accent.

So, if for whatever reason it’s not included, in your position I certainly wouldn’t pay £250 to get it. If it was included free of charge, I’d probably try it for the novelty effect and then not use it ever again.
Boxerboy
Bronze Member
Drives: Her Polo R. Or my car.

Post by Boxerboy »

In recent years I’ve tried talking to a couple of cars.

Complete nightmare.

Never worked so will never try again.

£250 is a lot of fuel.

I can visualise the face on the child at the VW dealer in March who wants to explain the Apps, Voice, and other complete b****x to a Grumpy Old Man :D
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

It works if you’re attached to car play, but otherwise it’s an added extra. My experience of voice control in any previous car has been poor, but I have a northern accent. A previous fiesta could not pick up the words “dad” or “mum” if I tried to get the car to ring them.
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

If you hold the voice command for a couple of seconds it will bypass the problem and it connects to Android Auto :-)
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

MilgeS wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:26 am If you hold the voice command for a couple of seconds it will bypass the problem and it connects to Android Auto :-)
Really? Ok, going to give that a try later this morning and see what happens.