Missing spare wheel?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Alex_p
New
Drives: R-Line 110 DSG 1.0 TSI 110 R-Line DSG

Missing spare wheel?

Post by Alex_p »

I just took delivery of a brand new Polo R-Line. It wasn't advertised with the spare wheel option and there's no spare in the boot (just the repair kit). So in that regard the car we got is what we expected.

But.. I've created a We Connect account and in the Equipment Details / Selected Vehicle Equipment section it says the car has a "Space-saving spare wheel". From what I can tell, as far as VW are concerned, they manufactured and shipped this car with a spare wheel that is now missing. Am I reading that right?

This was a brand new, unregistered car that the dealer had in the showroom (not a factory order to my spec). My guess is the original factory order included a spare, but the dealer swapped it out at some point.

Do I need to worry about this at all? E.g. the PCP finance is linked to that specific VIN, so does the finance company assume I have a spare? Could that cause problems when I get to the end of the finance agreement?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Missing spare wheel?

Post by SRGTD »

I think you’re correct and the dealer has probably swapped out the spare for a repair kit.

If the car was built with a spare wheel (which presumably you’ve also paid for) and you have evidence of that from the vehicle equipment details in We Connect, in your position I’d be asking the dealer to provide a replacement space saver at no cost to you.
Alex_p
New
Drives: R-Line 110 DSG 1.0 TSI 110 R-Line DSG

Post by Alex_p »

Thanks SRGTD. I'll give them a call tomorrow to clarify.
Boxerboy
Bronze Member
Drives: Her Polo R. Or my car.

Post by Boxerboy »

Our R Line is due this month and I’ll be looking in the boot for the wheel we ordered.

And - I’ll be looking for the locking wheel bolt key that was missing last time.