Rear window Snowflake...?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Sbal
New
Drives: '23 GTI

Rear window Snowflake...?

Post by Sbal »

I was on the school run when the kids said they could see a snowflake on the rear door windows. I didn't think much of it as it's been freezing cold and snowing, but when stopped at the lights I turned to look around and could see large embossed show flake symbols in the glass. It was visible through where there was a misting of condensation on the surface of the glass. Has anyone else noticed? Apologies, if this is already known about but I found myself googling it and found nothing. 😁
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Rear window Snowflake...?

Post by SRGTD »

Checked my pre facelift GTI+ this morning and I can’t see any snowflake symbols on the glass in the rear door windows.
Sbal
New
Drives: '23 GTI

Post by Sbal »

😁 I must sound mad, I'll try and take a photo next time
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Post by POLO Clive »

When my windows mist up I see the outline of a circle on the rear glass, this is where the dealer had a sales type sticker stuck on the window, it must have left some kind of glue residue on the glass when the sticker was removed, and I can't for the life of me remove it, or even see it when it's not misted up. So my guess would be your dealer must have had a snowflake shaped sticker on the glass when it was in the showroom.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

POLO Clive wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:18 pm When my windows mist up I see the outline of a circle on the rear glass, this is where the dealer had a sales type sticker stuck on the window, it must have left some kind of glue residue on the glass when the sticker was removed, and I can't for the life of me remove it, or even see it when it's not misted up. So my guess would be your dealer must have had a snowflake shaped sticker on the glass when it was in the showroom.
When I wash my car, I can see the outline of two circles on the rear screen; they’re from the suction cups that are used to lift the screen into position when it’s fitted to the car on the factory production line. I’ve had the same on previous cars and they’re only visible under certain conditions.

I’ve not been able to clean them off, although they don’t bother me.
tyjc93
New
Drives: Mk10

Post by tyjc93 »

Yes!

I have this on several windows, two on the front windscreen and one per door window on the drivers side. Haven’t looked elsewhere.

At first I was confused but then assumed it was left over from my detailer who does the car ever two months or so.

Given it’s common to the type it’s possibly from a jig used in the factory to install the windows by suctioning onto them.