New Car Troubles

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Polo72
New
Drives: Polo Life 1.0 Tsi

New Car Troubles

Post by Polo72 »

Hello Everyone

Just thought I’d ask if anyone else has had issues with there 1.tsi dsg gearbox ?
So shortly after getting mine brand new I noticed a whine in 4th gear and 6th. So I did what anyone would do took it back they said nah it’s fine see how it goes. So 4000 miles later (5months) it’s louder. I took it back yesterday and they agree it’s not right. So gearbox is coming out on a 5month old car with 4k. Gutted is an understatement. Anyone else had issues with there dsg box on the polo?

Thanks
Tom
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New Car Troubles

Post by SRGTD »

No issues with the DSG in my car, although mine is the 6 speed DQ250 wet clutch DSG (car’s a pre-facelift GTI+), whereas the 1.0 litre Polo uses the 7 speed (DQ200?) dry clutch DSG.

Although it’s not the sort of thing you want to have happen with a new car, IMHO it’s good the issue has been acknowledged by VW and is being fixed under warranty. Could have been a potentially very expensive issue to fix if it happened out of warranty.
Polo72
New
Drives: Polo Life 1.0 Tsi

Post by Polo72 »

Yeah I agree thankgod it’s been done under warranty well it better be no one has mentioned money. 😂
I don’t think the 7speed dsg is that good to be honest from what I’ve read so you’ve got the better one out of the two.

I guess these things happen I’m sure worse things happen with new cars.

Tom
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

7-speed wet clutch in post facelift Polo Gti though.

Think it's the dry clutch version of the 7-speed box that appears to have had a number of issues in the past.

As already said, thank God it's a warranty job. Just bad luck I suppose.