keeping windows operable after ignition off

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
grazuncle2
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI SE 2019

keeping windows operable after ignition off

Post by grazuncle2 »

This is something that bugged me a bit in the past..

you park up at a place you visit to have a bite to eat before leaving the car park.. you get out of the car and get your stuff out of the hatch and get back in.. you might want the windows down or put them back up for some reason (noise/dust/breeze).. ignition on then off.. forget something and get out again - no windows working again . You can set the windows to operate after ignition off but as soon you open a door they stop working.

if you have OBDEleven or similar (or VCDS) you can make a simple change ... this is the routine for OBDEleven

Fit the OBD dongle into the socket, put ignition on and connect the OBDEleven app
Select your car from the Garage.

select Control Units

then select Central Electrics

in Security Access enter 31347

Select Adaptations

Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select ZV Komfort

look for entry Freigabenachlauf_FH_bei_Tueroeffnen and Tap that line (it will probably state 'Active)

Select Not Active

then press and hold Green Tick. adaption should be done now.

Now the windows operate for a time after opening or shutting doors.. It is not permanent as when i got the car out of the garage this morning the windows did not operate till ignition on again. If you have children or others that you don't want operating the windows when you are not there it may not be for you. For me it is a release from ignition on off on of etc.

If you have VCDS it is just a mater of locating the line Freigabenachlauf_FH_bei_Tueroeffnen and setting it to Not Active as owners of that system would know how.

There is an OCA (One Click App) for the Polo AW that gives the impression it would do this but it only allows windows to carry working before you open a door (and my Polo already did this anyway) - after that it needs the key in again and ignition on.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: keeping windows operable after ignition off

Post by lancslad1985 »

Can’t you just tick convenience open/close in the cars options menu then hold the unlock key to lower them and hold the lock key to raise them? Seems a lot simpler for opening and closing the windows.
grazuncle2
Silver Member

Post by grazuncle2 »

It does all of the windows doesn't it.

If you want individual control I'd prefer to use the buttons.

It's just a personal preference.. No one has to do it.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Fair enough, I thought you could set it so it only did the drivers window but I’ve never checked.
grazuncle2
Silver Member

Post by grazuncle2 »

Not sure about that.. perhaps someone else is aware?

This was just a simple fix keeping the individual door controls live..