upgraded brakes

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
alexis270
New
Drives: Polo GTI AW

upgraded brakes

Post by alexis270 »

hi guys ,

after almost 2 years on stage 2, Im considering of upgrading the brakes,not with a brake kit ,but most probably with upgraded pads and disks.Has anyone changed to something after market ??Any opinions??
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Re: upgraded brakes

Post by ad_182_uk »

I would be interested in this as well, both front and back.

Direct fitment options but better than OEM if something like that exists. Lower dusting would be nice along with rear discs that dont rust on the top hat part.
grazuncle2
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI SE 2019

Re: upgraded brakes

Post by grazuncle2 »

I don't have a GTi or anything near it but have looked into this a little and look forward to any real life user experiences...

I get that without a rolling road and some other measurements a lot of feedback can be how a person 'feels' about brake effectiveness etc. My only real interest is the lower dust pads. I asked EBC specifically about this and the only pads they recommended for daily use was Greenstuff. They told me that these pads do not have the same dust lowering properties of the other versions (Red/Yellow) But what does 'not as low' mean?

Looking at other feedback the EBC pads do seem to generally reveal that they have better braking but the lower dust comments go from a bit better to same to worse. No one really knows how these individual have driven their vehicles, what state their rotors were or anything.

Personally.. with such low grade information (hearsay) I don't feel like experimenting on this right now. Need better information.