Finally sorted the AA Wireless cable issue

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Luka
New
Drives: AW1

Finally sorted the AA Wireless cable issue

Post by Luka »

I'm not here often, and when I am, I usually ask for help. Just want to take the opportunity to thank everyone here. You guys are amazing.

Wanted to post something that isn't a question. I've purchased the AA Wireless adapter some time back. It's been sitting in the tray behind the shifter all this time, taking up enough space where I end up hardly using that tray.
I knew that there was a better way to do this, but just been lazy. Couple of weeks ago I went on Aliexpress and got a short USB to USB-C cable. I wasn't sure if it was gonna be bendy enough or if the USB cable was gonna be of high enough quality. So far it's been working fine. I also got an adhesive velcro strap. I would link them here, but these Aliexpress listing come and go so fast that the link is likely to be dead within a week (velcro listing already gone). I'll post a picture so you guys know what to look for in case someone wants to do the same.

It's only been a day so I can't say for sure if the adhesive is gonna last, but I've worked construction and similar jobs in my life. Seen al sorts of tapes, this one looked really good to me. Not expecting any issues.
Attachments
PXL_20231003_071327948.jpg
PXL_20231003_071327948.jpg (139.56 KiB) Viewed 819 times
ali 1.jpg
ali 1.jpg (82.54 KiB) Viewed 819 times
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Re: Finally sorted the AA Wireless cable issue

Post by ad_182_uk »

Nice! Like it, lovely and neat.

Just a reminder, music played via a wireless connection is severely compressed and significantly comprimises the sound quality. ‘Lossless’ quality audio will only work via a wired connection.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

ad_182_uk wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:51 pm Nice! Like it, lovely and neat.

Just a reminder, music played via a wireless connection is severely compressed and significantly comprimises the sound quality. ‘Lossless’ quality audio will only work via a wired connection.
Isn't AA wireless works over wifi with plenty of bandwidth? and honestly even if os ... the way the beats speakers are done won't allow for any higher volume before whole interior start to rattle :D
Luka
New
Drives: AW1

Post by Luka »

Dark_cze wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:52 pm Just a reminder, music played via a wireless connection is severely compressed and significantly comprimises the sound quality. ‘Lossless’ quality audio will only work via a wired connection.
Music over Android Auto bypasses the Beats equalizer settings they have set up (at least that's what my understanding is). As far as audio quality on Android Auto wired vs wireless, I haven't noticed any difference. 🤷
Dark_cze wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:52 pm Isn't AA wireless works over wifi with plenty of bandwidth? and honestly even if os ... the way the beats speakers are done won't allow for any higher volume before whole interior start to rattle :D
That rattle is the worst 🙈