Gti boot setting

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Gti boot setting

Post by lancslad1985 »

Am I being stupid? I was always told you can’t put the gti boot in the lowest setting due to the battery. Well I just tried it on mine whilst clearing it out for service, and it went in just fine….

Am I following old advice and you can actually use the full boot of the gti?
grazuncle2
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI SE 2019

Re: Gti boot setting

Post by grazuncle2 »

I don't have an answer.... sorry; probably because I don't understand the question but I am intrigued.

full boot setting?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Do you have the optional space saver spare or the standard emergency puncture repair can of gunk that VW now supply?

If the latter, then height-wise, presumably it takes up much less space than a space saver spare wheel, allowing the boot floor to be dropped down to the lower position.
grazuncle2
Silver Member

Post by grazuncle2 »

Aaaah the boot's floor platform!

I have a normal type in mine although not a wide tyre like a GTi (probably) I raised mine up as it is easier to get the shopping out of the boot.. LOL
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Sorry @grazuncle2, I was in a rush to get to service as it’s a 20 mile drive and I always empty my car prior so nothing goes missing. Bad experiences with past dealerships.

I’ve just got the tyre gunk, so maybe that’s why. I’ve had the car a year and didn’t even notice. Makes the boot much bigger :D which helps the car massively as I’m currently considering a change for a more family sized car. The gti was not fun to drive up to Scotland with the road noise and a 12 year old in the back complaining about lack of armrest, road noise and no room…..
grazuncle2
Silver Member

Post by grazuncle2 »

we never had kids but I do know what it is like to have kids in the car and not amused.. LOL

tyre noise.. Oh yes that too.

I have had similar experience too of things going missing after a garage job.. saying that though I do remember when I was a rookie mechanic working alongside a very canny guy... A customer left a package on the back seat with a LOT of money in it! We gave it to the manager who locked it in a cabinet. When the customer came for the car we gave him his keys tested him out to see whether he was setting a trap for us... less than a minute later he came storming back with accusations of stealing.. The manager, in front of the customer, opened up the locked cabinet and calmly handed his packet back and told him never to come back. LOL
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

I love my daughter, but there are days I wondered why I had a kid….

I love my gti, first service they said it was immaculate and I need to drive harder as I’ve still 5mm tread on my fronts :D . We do need a family car though and as someone doing the Manchester M61 run, it’s not fun in bad weather in the gti. So I will have to say goodbye to it soon I fear. I’ll let people know when I do as there will be a good condition run in gti somewhere!