Best wiper blades for a 2023 R Line polo

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Alboyuk
New
Drives: R Line

Best wiper blades for a 2023 R Line polo

Post by Alboyuk »

I have never been impressed by the wiper blades that came with the car and would like to replace them , can anybody recommend and particular make and model that will be an improvement what about the Halfords silicone blades ?
Thanks for any replies
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Best wiper blades for a 2023 R Line polo

Post by SRGTD »

I replaced the factory wiper blades - front and back - with Bosch Aerotwin blades on my current Polo GTI+ and previous Polo GTI. None of the juddering or noises with the Aerotwins that I used to get with the factory blades, and IMHO they do a better job of wiping too (no smearing).

I bought my current set in June from Xtremeautos off eBay. The price at the time was £25.35 for the front pair and £6.75 for the rear. Postage was free. Bosch part numbers for the Aerotwins to fit the AW / BZ Polo are Front; A864S and Rear; A282H. Worth searching the internet as they’re usually on offer and you may find them cheaper.
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Post by Maarten »

Got mine from autodoc
Bosch A863S (LHD :mrgreen: ) front
Bosch A282H rear

For RHD use A864S like SRGTD said :D
Harrihealey02
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

I’ve had two brand new polos both came with Bosch Aerotwin from factory. I’ve no idea why, but they always juddered, and not even a little bit but so much that when on a phone call people would say that they can hear them in the background! There was nothing I could do to reduce the judders. I opted for Valeo Silencio and on both of my new polos they’ve been silent, which is so nice considering what I used to tolerate. They do a fantastic job of clearing the screen, and I’ve never looked back.
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

I replaced the stock wiper blades pretty much as soon as I bought my new Polo GTI. As the stock ones fitted were truly TERRIBLE. They both juddered and made the most horrendous noise!!!

So like a fair few folks, I fitted Bosch Aerotwin both front and back. Initially they were a great improvement but sadly both front and rear have started to judder once again!
Fair enough, the cold weather does not help, as I suspect the material that the wiper blades is made of probably goes a bit stiffer in the colder weather.
But never the less, I'm still a fair bit disappointed.

I'll leave them till the spring time and re-assess.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

MikeDO wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:43 pm I replaced the stock wiper blades pretty much as soon as I bought my new Polo GTI. As the stock ones fitted were truly TERRIBLE. They both juddered and made the most horrendous noise!!!

So like a fair few folks, I fitted Bosch Aerotwin both front and back. Initially they were a great improvement but sadly both front and rear have started to judder once again!
Fair enough, the cold weather does not help, as I suspect the material that the wiper blades is made of probably goes a bit stiffer in the colder weather.
But never the less, I'm still a fair bit disappointed.

I'll leave them till the spring time and re-assess.
The cold(er) weather may well be a factor in juddering wiper blades. Dirt and contaminants on the screen and the blades might also be contributory factors, so thoroughly cleaning the screen and blade rubbers with a good glass cleaner and soft microfibre cloths might help.
Harrihealey02
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

I would thoroughly recommend the Valeo Silencios as I’ve used them throughout 2 winters on my last polo and they were completely silent. Even in the summer but that’s to be expected. The original wipes I had were definitely Bosch but I’m assuming they were Aerotwins as they felt solidly built. Since I’ve had two new polos and put on Silencios for both and had good results I’d say give them a go, but I know some people do have brand preferences so it may be trial and error.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Harrihealey02 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:41 pm I would thoroughly recommend the Valeo Silencios as I’ve used them throughout 2 winters on my last polo and they were completely silent. Even in the summer but that’s to be expected. The original wipes I had were definitely Bosch but I’m assuming they were Aerotwins as they felt solidly built. Since I’ve had two new polos and put on Silencios for both and had good results I’d say give them a go, but I know some people do have brand preferences so it may be trial and error.
Yes, we’re all individuals and will have our own preferences.

I’ve had five VW’s from new and none have had Bosch wiper blades fitted as original equipment the factory. Some have had Valeo’s which I found to be poor. Admittedly, it’s highly unlikely they were Valeo Silencios, as IMHO VW will be looking to minimise production costs, so it’s likely they’d fit wiper blades that are at the lower end of the price scale (I’m assuming Valeo Silencio aren’t an entry level wiper blade, price wise).

The original Bosch wiper blades fitted to your car may not have been Aerotwins as the Bosch range of wiper blades is quite extensive (I didn’t realise there were so many!) - see Bosch website at the link below.

https://www.boschautoparts.com/g/wiper-blades