Drives: Cross Polo 1.2TSI 2017

Misfire high score

Post by 2226 »

What you folks at right now?

Silver Member

Re: Misfire high score

Post by 2226 »

Did another 2 hours of driving today. Numbers have gone up a bit more. Across all cylinders.
I feel no misfires. What the heck is going on here?

Went on an outing yesterday. 1 hour drive each direction. The outbound was fine. The return drive was horrible thanks to the ridiculous winds we're having here and something wrong in my suspension. Outbound trip I got it up to 160km/h, return trip was a struggle even getting to 140. But I feel no misfires.

I can let it idle and it will log a misfire, yet the engine is smooth running.

Can't say how long it has been counting misfires like this. First time I've checked it out in OBDEleven. I do recall checking these numbers well over a year ago when I first purchased OBDEleven and it was zero.

EDIT: mmm... I recently dumped LiquiMoly ProLine Direct Injection Cleaner through this. Wondering if this is maybe fuel/injector related. Just find this weird that it is recording misfires yet there's no fault codes. One would think with that number of misses there'd be something. I can't assume this is OBDEleven being stupid; I don't have another tester.
Silver Member

Re: Misfire high score

Post by 2226 »

Ran CRC GDI Injector and Turbo cleaner through it today. That stuff is mostly diesel and polyether amine.
Does seem a bit smoother, but still logging misfires.

I guess I have to pry the manifold forward a bit and see what it is like in there. Otherwise I can only think of this being a fuel injector related somehow.