Sound from Heater

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Retali
New

Sound from Heater

Post by Retali »

https://files.fm/u/449bf25t83

Hello can anyone help me identify the problem ?
The heater for a long time has been making this buzzing sound.
It happens almost always during winter when the temperature is cold outside from 8 degrees and below.
During summer periods i do not hear anything.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Sound from Heater

Post by RUM4MO »

The "clicking noise"? If so, that is just one of the flap motors "hunting" as it has lost its positional feedback signal.

Try changing the temperature to see if this stops that for a short time, if doing that does nothing, try changing the air flow direction and see if that stops it.

Once you have worked out which flap motor has failed, you can buy a new one and search online as to how to replace it.

If it is the temperature control flap motor, sometimes demanding Lo and waiting a minute, the demanding Hi then waiting a minute - and repeat that maybe 10 times, that is enough to force the flap motor to clean up its positional feedback potentiometer's track and let it go back to being in control.
Retali
New

Post by Retali »

I am reffering to the backround noise, like a low frequency version of when ISDN internet was trying to connect in the 90s.
It is continuous.
The clicking noise is the parking/ stop lights sound.
Retali
New

Post by Retali »

Uploading a better video, where i change the heater settings and without the stop lights sound.

https://files.fm/u/g3gfyw99en

The sound is continuous and sounds like a buzzing, i hope it is not from the ac/heater compressor .
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Sorry but I could not make it out - yes I remember that noise, at times, after we had been in bed for an hour or so, and our youngest daughter was downstairs on the internet, I used to terminate her session by lifting the bed side phone up and whistling into it, that worked every time and it followed by a grumpy teenager stomping up the stairs to go to bed!

So probably not a flap motor "hunting" in your case.
Retali
New

Post by Retali »

RUM4MO wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:25 am Sorry but I could not make it out - yes I remember that noise, at times, after we had been in bed for an hour or so, and our youngest daughter was downstairs on the internet, I used to terminate her session by lifting the bed side phone up and whistling into it, that worked every time and it followed by a grumpy teenager stomping up the stairs to go to bed!

So probably not a flap motor "hunting" in your case.
LOL