Squeaky Rear Suspension?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
BradBourbon
New
Drives: Polo 2014 1.0 SE

Squeaky Rear Suspension?

Post by BradBourbon »

Hi, have a squeak coming from the rear. When braking and the car comes to a stop, when the momentum takes the car weight backwards there is a squeak. I guess this must be suspension rather than brakes but help appreciated
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Squeaky Rear Suspension?

Post by ciclo »

During the winter, with low temperatures, it is common for 'salt' to be spread on the pavement to prevent the formation of ice, and humidity/rain/wet pavement significantly dirties the suspension area.
Check if the squeaking noise disappears after washing with a pressure jet lance (at regular car washes) by the area of the shock absorber and spring.

It is best to do this when there is no rain forecast and the pavement is dry, although the noise always disappears after washing.

A good test is to go over the speed reduction bumps, I am referring to this model of speed bumps:
BradBourbon
New
Drives: Polo 2014 1.0 SE

Post by BradBourbon »

Thank you
Gee40
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 6c GTI (manual), 1982 Mk1Golf GTI

Post by Gee40 »

If the jet washing doesn't help, its possible that it could be the top mounts on the rear suspension. We had the exact same problem on my Wife 6c GTI when it was only 2 months old. Hopefully the jet washing will work as a suspension related cause wont be cheap. Good luck