Hi,
Two days ago I started my BlueGT 2017 (60300 km / 37500 mi) in the morning. I felt that the engine was not running well, causing "shaking" feeling in the cockpit. Soon after this the yellow engine light started blinking, and there was a text "Error: Start-stop".
A day before this incident, I drove about 70-80 km/h (43-50 mp/h) and I felt this "twiching" feeling when driving this constant speed. The feeling was like the car going "back and forth". I have DSG.
I called technician about this, and he said it might be the battery because I haven't replaced it since 2017.
I still wonder why there wasn't any battery sign light, just the start-stop if the problem is the old battery.
NOTE: The yellow engine light and the "Error: Start-stop" text are not constantly there, I started the engine again today and there were no signs of them.
Any other possible reasons for the yellow engine light and "Error: Start-stop" text?
Thanks in advance!
Error: Start-stop (BlueGT 2017)
-
Volkswagen
- New
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Sat May 25, 2024 5:18 pm
- Drives: BlueGT
- Location: FI
-
Aquavalver
- Silver Member
- Posts: 471
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:23 pm
- Drives: 2013 Polo Blue GT
- Location: north-east Kent
Re: Error: Start-stop (BlueGT 2017)
Did you ever sort this? I have had the same problem, but it won't be the battery as I only had this replaced 2 3/4 years ago.
- iichel
- Bling Bling Diamond Member
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:14 pm
- Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI
- Location: http://mypassat.nl/
Re: Error: Start-stop (BlueGT 2017)
Rear error codes to start with
- ciclo
- Bling Bling Diamond Member
- Posts: 8959
- Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:20 am
- Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19
- Location: Earth ♥, Spain.
- Contact:
Re: Error: Start-stop (BlueGT 2017)
The legendary "Rear Error Codes"...
(damn stupidphone)
But jokes aside, while you are on your way to the back of the car, you might accidentally trip over the engine bay. If you happen to drop an OBD scanner there by mistake, keep an eye out for those fashionably late P030X codes.They usually appear when one of the cylinders decides to take an unscheduled coffee break instead of sparking joy.
It’s a classic symptom when certain coiled components up front start feeling a bit tired after a few years, making the whole car shake like an old washing machine on its spin cycle...
But jokes aside, while you are on your way to the back of the car, you might accidentally trip over the engine bay. If you happen to drop an OBD scanner there by mistake, keep an eye out for those fashionably late P030X codes.They usually appear when one of the cylinders decides to take an unscheduled coffee break instead of sparking joy.
It’s a classic symptom when certain coiled components up front start feeling a bit tired after a few years, making the whole car shake like an old washing machine on its spin cycle...

