Page 1 of 1

Error: Start-stop (BlueGT 2017)

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:44 am
by Volkswagen
Hi,

Two days ago I started my BlueGT 2017 (60300 km / 37500 mi) in the morning. I felt that the engine was not running well, causing "shaking" feeling in the cockpit. Soon after this the yellow engine light started blinking, and there was a text "Error: Start-stop".

A day before this incident, I drove about 70-80 km/h (43-50 mp/h) and I felt this "twiching" feeling when driving this constant speed. The feeling was like the car going "back and forth". I have DSG.

I called technician about this, and he said it might be the battery because I haven't replaced it since 2017.

I still wonder why there wasn't any battery sign light, just the start-stop if the problem is the old battery.

NOTE: The yellow engine light and the "Error: Start-stop" text are not constantly there, I started the engine again today and there were no signs of them.

Any other possible reasons for the yellow engine light and "Error: Start-stop" text?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Error: Start-stop (BlueGT 2017)

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 11:34 am
by Aquavalver
Did you ever sort this? I have had the same problem, but it won't be the battery as I only had this replaced 2 3/4 years ago.

Re: Error: Start-stop (BlueGT 2017)

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 5:57 pm
by iichel
Rear error codes to start with

Re: Error: Start-stop (BlueGT 2017)

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 7:27 pm
by ciclo
The legendary "Rear Error Codes"...🤭 (damn stupidphone)

But jokes aside, while you are on your way to the back of the car, you might accidentally trip over the engine bay. If you happen to drop an OBD scanner there by mistake, keep an eye out for those fashionably late P030X codes.They usually appear when one of the cylinders decides to take an unscheduled coffee break instead of sparking joy.

It’s a classic symptom when certain coiled components up front start feeling a bit tired after a few years, making the whole car shake like an old washing machine on its spin cycle...