advice needed on further lowering !

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
fismail
New

advice needed on further lowering !

Post by fismail »

I drive this car .. http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... .php?t=783

What I want to know is the following , I have 195/50/15 TWT in ZA http://www.twt.to/ tires !

The car has shortened gas shocks front and rear , the total drop is as follows !

Left Rear - 50mm , Right Rear - 50mm
Left Front - 49mm , Right Front - 53mm

Now bearing in mind that this is a 1.4 and there is only a gearbox on the left hand side and just about every other part of the motor on the right hand side , is it possible to even this out.

If the car is in motion , it is not noticeable at all , however one it comes to a stop , and I ( since I lowered it ) look at the gaps , the left front just irritates me ( handling for track days and gymkhanas are fine )

I'm thinking of getting a 60mm springs for the front wheels , looking at my pictures supplied , is this advisable !

Here are 2 more pics to help in advising me !

polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

you could try fitting a bigger battery which may also make the car a little more stable upon entering corners as the weight balence will be much better (from the sounds of things it isnt great right now) otherwise i dont think theres much you can do but remember that when your in the car it will lower the drivers side a little
remember though that if you do somthing to the left of the suspension then you must do the same to the right as if you dont then you handleing will be very wierd
nightmare_t
New

Post by nightmare_t »

try koni
its incredible
i turn the corners like 4*4
:twisted:
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

i use KW V2`s abd admittedly they are incredible but the price is a little steep but they are kind of a mix between koni, wietec, hr, and some others (i think the valving is the same as konis) coils btw
nightmare_t
New

Post by nightmare_t »

ok..
my springs are ap 30 mm
the problem is front left and right.
there is 0.2 cm difference between. is that create any problem??
mk4ads
Bronze Member

Post by mk4ads »

It wont create a problem and there isnt much you can do tbh, mine are the same 107mm lowered on the front left but only 100mm on the front right - 110mm on the back :S weird

FK Koenigsport Coilys eat Konis for breakfast :D
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

how low can i go?? running 16" and currently dropped by 40 mm all round, but i need lower!!!!!!!!!!!!!i want coilovers but which ones, i've see supersport kit for £340 or should i go for FK
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

What's the tyre size you're running now?

Given the choice between Supersport and FK, I'd go for FK's Highsport or Königsport series. No experience with either, mind, but that's the one I'd trust more.

Ova' here Supersport isn't rated too highly.
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

im running 195/45/16 but will soon be running 195/40/16
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

I guess that with 40-profile tyres you can drop it like there's no tomorrow. Especially on coilovers. I think we had a discussion on coilovers a while back...

Check here:

http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... php?t=2254

and

http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... php?t=2333