9N - Whats that beep?

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
sylonien
2nd Stage Warning

9N - Whats that beep?

Post by sylonien »

This could be a silly question but why does the car make a "beep" noise for about 3-4 seconds when I start my car?! :?

First I thought it was something to do with the seat-belts, but than it can't be 'cos I always have it on before I start my car and the same applies for my passenger.

Thanks
Joy
Bronze Member

Re: 9N - Whats that beep?

Post by Joy »

sylonien wrote:This could be a silly question but why does the car make a "beep" noise for about 3-4 seconds when I start my car?! :?

First I thought it was something to do with the seat-belts, but than it can't be 'cos I always have it on before I start my car and the same applies for my passenger.

Thanks
Cold weather ? Low on gas ?
dxg

Post by dxg »

Service indicator?
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

sharp beep is fuel usualy

and a soft bing is service :?

They're the only one's i've noticed.
n3oNx
Bronze Member

Post by n3oNx »

My service lamp (little wrench) is bugging me for a month now but I'm only to take it to the dealer next month. Oil is fine and all the rest also, only have the buzz when I start the car... LOL
sylonien
2nd Stage Warning

Post by sylonien »

Oh dear... is that just me then?! :shock:

I thought it was suppose to be normal.... :? It's not the fuel or anything else, 'cos there is fuel and no other lamps or indicators are visible on the dasboard.

Why does it beep? Don't you guys get it?
algenon_iii
Getting There!

Post by algenon_iii »

Boot? I know there's a light on the dash but I can't remember if it beeps or not.
dxg

Post by dxg »

Self-destruct mechanism?

Blown exterior blub?

Passenger air bag off (if you've got that option)?

Low windscreen washer fuid (if you've got the winter pack)?

(Take it to the dealers. Ten minute job to plug vag com in and find out what's up.)
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

May sound silly but your not driving with your hand brake on slightly are you? It beeps if you drive along with you hand brake on.
rooboy
Silver Member

Post by rooboy »

If it is a bulb or washer fluid, there wil be a light. It may probably be just a seat belt reminder (about 4 - 6 short beeps). Very annoying, but std on most Octavias and Golf MkIV
CpuReaper
New

Normal You are one of the Lucky Few

Post by CpuReaper »

This was an update to the software in the cluster.The cluster is testing the signal to the voltage control unit.And this is where you get these beeps.You will find if you switch all your consumers off and your battery is fully charged you should not hear this noise at times.
Cheers
sbp
Bronze Member

Post by sbp »

where does the beep come from? perhaps its just your radio.. :wink:
toXXin

Post by toXXin »

Is everyone sure its just not the low temperature one?
sylonien
2nd Stage Warning

Post by sylonien »

Thank you guys for all the suggestions, but it's not dispalying anything on the dashboard.

It's definately not from:
  • Radio
  • hand-brake on, I mean c'mon! :D
  • low fluids or anything (mind you I'm just trusting the dashboard as I haven't checked it personally)
I thought it might be the seat-belt, but do you guys get it? Maybe it's what 'Rooboy' suggested.

:(
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

The seat belt warning is a convienience function, so unless its been programmed in, we don't have it. You should get a beep warning until you actually put the seatbelt on though.

If your quite sure its not anything mentioned on here or on the manual (I'm thinking service indicator, do you get any messages in the display as soon as you turn the ignition on?) it could be a faulty instrument cluster.