Just bought a 04 1.9 tdi sport

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
cjdriver
New

Just bought a 04 1.9 tdi sport

Post by cjdriver »

Hello All,

Just bought myself a 04 Polo Tdi sport 5 door.

Has the following options:

- Electronic climate control
- Electric rear windows
- parking sensor
- rain sensor & auto dimming rear view mirror
- cruise control
- 16" barcelona alloys
- Metallic reflex silver paint
- Mud flaps
- Mats

There are a few things I am confused about:-

- The VW garage gave me two keys, but both are 'normal' type keys. The car has central locking and I presumed this was remote central locking as the brochure suggested? If it has then surely I should have one of the VW flip type key fob with buttons on it?

- The brochure says this car has an alarm, but I cannot see where the sensors are inside the car?

Many thanks for any help.
jrw
Silver Member

Post by jrw »

If its a sport you should have 2 3 button remotes with the flip key and full alarm with sensors. These are located in the grill thing by the interior light.

You don't say whether it is a 1.4 or a 1.9 but this shouldn't make a difference.

Go back and complain as this isn't what the brochure stipulated. Failing that I have a 3 button key lying around if you want one. :wink:
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

jrw wrote:If its a sport you should have 2 3 button remotes with the flip key and full alarm with sensors. These are located in the grill thing by the interior light.

You don't say whether it is a 1.4 or a 1.9 but this shouldn't make a difference.

Go back and complain as this isn't what the brochure stipulated. Failing that I have a 3 button key lying around if you want one. :wink:
yeah, flip out keys were given to factory fitted alarms even to non sport models.

and as jrw said, the sensors are hidden in the grill beside the front interior light. (i questioned my dealer bout this too :P ... as i didnt know that the sensors were hidden)

welcome to the forum and enjoy your Polo 9n :D
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Welcome to the forum :)

Two possible ideas why:

1) The Car is not UK Spec (Southern Ireland?)

2) The Dealer lost the Keys and has just ordered two 'normal' Keys to save money.
(£40 each for a normal key, £100 for a Remote one.)

My bettings probably on number two.
cjdriver
New

Post by cjdriver »

Thanks for the info,

The car is a 1.9 by the way.

How can I check if the car is uk spec?

The service book states a VW dealer in Glasgow where the car originated, but the sticker in the inside cover says 'Polo A04 TDI TREND' would have thought it should say SPORT?

Also, there is no centre armrest on the rear seat where I thought there should have been?
jj86
Bronze Member

Post by jj86 »

hiya, and welcome to uk-p!
When i bought my 1.4 fsi sport, i had to add remote central-locking as an option, as back then only 'manual' key-operated central locking came as standard even on sport model... dunno if the specs have since changed?
Also, i believe the central armrest in the back is exclusive to SE trim.
Hope that's useful?!
cjdriver
New

Post by cjdriver »

Thanks jj86, I think you're right about the rear armrest only applying to the SE model.

I am suprised your's didn't come with remote central locking as I thought this was standard on most models?
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Jesus, just looked on the VW website, the HAVE removed Remote locking from the standard Sport equipment :shock:

So thats another nicety off the Sport then, thanks to the GT they've made it one of the most useless models in the range! :evil: :oops: I guess the only good thing is that it makes my pretty much standard Sport model look fully specced up now! :lol:
cjdriver
New

Post by cjdriver »

Just looked at the VW site myself, it still has Remote central locking and alarm listed for the sport!?!
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

But when you move your mouse over the 'SPORT' icon, it only lists Central locking :? Wierd.
cjdriver
New

Post by cjdriver »

Ok, how can I tell when my Sport was made, it was registered on the 28/08/2004. It also has the body coloured side and bumper strips which I think makes it fairly recent.
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

but if u download the pdf pricelist for the Polo, it still shows remote alarm/central locking.

the body colour bumpstrips were an option on all models. your sport model should have front fog lights.

why have VW removed these toys? and no price reduction either!
:lol:
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

cjdriver wrote:Ok, how can I tell when my Sport was made, it was registered on the 28/08/2004. It also has the body coloured side and bumper strips which I think makes it fairly recent.
if you look at your VIN number and compare it with this
http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... php?t=1354

you can find out when and where it was made.

hope this helps :)
cjdriver
New

Post by cjdriver »

For my VIN number it has the number 5 which indicates 2005 (is this the model year or manufacturing date?)

Also, in the boot on the left hand side there is a rubber strap that looks like it should hold a fire extinguisher or something? Anyone know what should be there and if I should have one?

In the inside lip on the boot there are 2 rubber straps that look like they hold a warning triangle, this is also not there, should I have one?
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

the manufacturing year of VW is from Sept to Aug, if your car is made on 2002 Sept, is it treated as a 2003 model.....
the straps on the left support a medical kit
the warning triangle is the lip of the boot

neither of these items were included as standard :roll: