But thanks for the reply!
Search found 12 matches
- Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:05 am
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: Rear Muffler change
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1022
Re: Rear Muffler change
I have put a few quote requests to couple of shops in the area, but was looking to see if there was any direct drop ins from similar cars on the same platform as there is a breakers yard near me where I get parts really cheap.
But thanks for the reply!
But thanks for the reply!
- Wed Oct 16, 2024 12:35 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: Rear Muffler change
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1022
Rear Muffler change
Hey all,
Dumb question but I've recently changed out the crappy standard rear bumper on my Polo 1.2i with the blueGT variant with Valance.
Of course the standard exhaust is the turn down style, but I was wondering if it was possible to change out the rear muffler only to a dual tip one off like ...
Dumb question but I've recently changed out the crappy standard rear bumper on my Polo 1.2i with the blueGT variant with Valance.
Of course the standard exhaust is the turn down style, but I was wondering if it was possible to change out the rear muffler only to a dual tip one off like ...
- Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:06 am
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: Polo 6R and Audi A1 Seats
- Replies: 15
- Views: 16925
Re: Polo 6R and Audi A1 Seats
Thread resurrection... I did the A1 seats into my son's 2010 Polo 6R recently. A couple of pointers:
The plugs for the airbags, seat belt stalks and occupancy sensor are all different. The airbag plug has the same wire colours, so I cut these off my old seats and soldered them to the new A1 seats ...
- Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:49 am
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 6R and 6C Interior Trims Compatibility
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1763
Re: 6R and 6C Interior Trims Compatibility
Hey,
Sadly not, if you are looking for 5 door headliner, you will need to look for 5 door variants due to the B Pillar cutout placement
Sadly not, if you are looking for 5 door headliner, you will need to look for 5 door variants due to the B Pillar cutout placement
- Fri May 24, 2024 12:05 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: parasitic battery drain
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2606
Re: parasitic battery drain
If I was to take a guess, you bought an RCD360 too, honestly a great lil "upgrade" but I had the same issue even with the Canbus adapter, worked fine for a few days but just ONE day left alone, the battery would drain :lol:
I tried tracing the wiring connections and checked, rechecked wiring ...
I tried tracing the wiring connections and checked, rechecked wiring ...
- Tue May 07, 2024 10:05 am
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 6R and 6C Interior Trims Compatibility
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1763
Re: 6R and 6C Interior Trims Compatibility
From swapping some bits like vents, door trims and other misc parts off my 6R for a few nicer looking bits off the Polo 6Cs I've come across, majority the interior parts are interchangeable besides the radio/climate controls.
Of course for the door cards, make sure you get the ones to suit your car ...
Of course for the door cards, make sure you get the ones to suit your car ...
- Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:13 am
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: replacing 6c head unit
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1383
Re: replacing 6c head unit
Hello there,
The only downside with changing to the RCD330 compared to the standard MiB unit is that you will lose alot of functions that the standard unit has and maybe some steering wheel controls. Plus with the money and effort to convert your car to the RCD330, you are probably best on buying a ...
The only downside with changing to the RCD330 compared to the standard MiB unit is that you will lose alot of functions that the standard unit has and maybe some steering wheel controls. Plus with the money and effort to convert your car to the RCD330, you are probably best on buying a ...
- Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:05 am
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: Polo 2012 Auto-radio swap
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1710
Re: Polo 2012 Auto-radio swap
I bought an RCD330 for my 2014 6R, which worked fine with the Canbus adaptor however for some reason it still has the power drain issue even though everything syncs up and the radio "turns off"
Ive tried asking everywhere for a solution but never got a response XD
Ive tried asking everywhere for a solution but never got a response XD
- Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:24 am
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: RCD360 Battery drain
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1143
RCD360 Battery drain
Hey all,
Yes, this is yet another RCD360 post, sadly the ones I've seen always trash on them but never really give a solution on how to solve the issue. (Tried both No-name and Lemonshark)
I've checked many, MANY sites and tried different adapters, which visually look like they solve the issue ...
Yes, this is yet another RCD360 post, sadly the ones I've seen always trash on them but never really give a solution on how to solve the issue. (Tried both No-name and Lemonshark)
I've checked many, MANY sites and tried different adapters, which visually look like they solve the issue ...
- Fri May 05, 2023 11:05 am
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: Rear Bumper fit
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1902
Re: Rear Bumper fit
As far as I'm aware, all 6R Bumpers are interchangeable, but with the 6C (facelift), you might have to also change out the bumper support brackets.
- Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:01 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: Removing glovebox without trigging the airbag light
- Replies: 1
- Views: 926
Re: Removing glovebox without trigging the airbag light
I guess the easiest way, would be to remove the negative connection on the battery then try turning on the radio to make sure all voltage is drained from the system.
Once thats done you should be safe to dismantle the dash and glovebox without risk of a facefull of Airbag
Once thats done you should be safe to dismantle the dash and glovebox without risk of a facefull of Airbag
- Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:53 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: Least expensive way to get Bluetooth on an RCD310 stereo
- Replies: 1
- Views: 996
Re: Least expensive way to get Bluetooth on an RCD310 stereo
Dunno if this will help considering the time past but here's an okay solution if you dont have the TPK system - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124839195807?hash=item1d10fef49f:g:eWoAAOSwqQFhC49K&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4Loz7PkoefXimX70vh2WfWCP%2BlVRe5xWOo4gPzSxnQNGk7r5QKtNann1wyZI4K3lUjgCEa ...