help replacing standard 6N2 door speakers...

Discuss In Car Entertainment
loud
Gold Member

help replacing standard 6N2 door speakers...

Post by loud »

ok my speakers have finally arrived so i'm going to have a bash at fitting them. do you have to remove the door panel to fit them or can you do it just through the speaker cut out? Also, how do you remove the standard speaker grilles? i just tried pulling one to see if they just popped off but it cracked lol... :(
loud
Gold Member

Post by loud »

don't tell me everyone's been lazy and paid other people to fit their speakers... :roll:
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

I dunno if the grilles can be easily removed, for access to the screws, i cant remember how they are secured to the door card

but I'd personally remove the door card for full and easier access, esp. for wiring

hope helps
razvwpolo
Getting There!

Post by razvwpolo »

hi mate have a look in the diy section for How to install new door speakers sure there is a few sections there for you...
loud
Gold Member

Post by loud »

ah cool, cheers guys
Alex_6n2
Gold Member

Post by Alex_6n2 »

the grills on my 6n2 just popped off and then i just screwed the speakers in, i needed to take the adapter off the end of the speaker wire however and fit some spade connectors
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

how did you get on m8? are you going to amp them?
warrmr
Silver Member

Post by warrmr »

im assuming the 6n2 is the same fittings for the door cards as the 6n.

wind down the window and pop off the triange plastic thing by the wing mirror inside the car. wind window up again.

on the door handle bit pop off the top cover with a flat bladed screwdriver or priser bar. then undo 2 screws.

pull on the door release catch ( the handle to open from inside and pop out the electric mirror thing.

the window winder theres a ring that slides up ( its fiddely the first time) unscrew the door pin

then pull to door card off starting at the bottom and then in a upwards and out mothin give it a yank all is good and well it will just pop off.
loud
Gold Member

Post by loud »

I removed the door panel in the end, got the speakers fitted but still need to trim the cards so the grilles fit.

Na i'm not amping them, not really interested in ice just like a good sounding speaker that can handle some bass :)