Luggage Compartment Light Not working!!

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
mattyy
Bronze Member

Luggage Compartment Light Not working!!

Post by mattyy »

Polo Ravers,

I need help.

The boot light when opened does not come on , but the bulb is fine after checking with a battery.

So is there a fuse in the fuse box that might be burnt?

if so, which fuse!! because they are all numbered with pictures on the card, all of which none of them resemble a boot!!
Last edited by mattyy on Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

According to the manual the Interior lighting ones are a half cirlce with lines coming out from it (as in the light being on)
kenny15
Bronze Member

Re: Luggage Compartment Light Not working!!

Post by kenny15 »

mattyy wrote:Polo Ravers,

I need help.

The boot light when opened does not come on , but the bulb is fine after checking with a battery.

So is there a fuse in the fuse box that might be burnt?

if so, which fuse!! because they are all numbered with pictures on the card, all of which none of them resemble a boot!!
the problem is with the mirco switch that inside the rear lock on the tailgate, has the rear wiper been leaking in the past ,if so it start to rust causing a poor connection , you have 2 choices , strip the swicth out the lock and try cleaning it or buy a replacement mirco switch

cheer kenny
mr_pachinko
New

same problem..

Post by mr_pachinko »

yeah, i've got the same problem- i don't think its the fuse, as there is one fuse that controls the interior lights and boot compartment light (checked using haynes manual) so if your main interior light is working the fuse is fine. My boot light bulb is fine also it hasn't blown or corroded, but still fails to come on- so kenny15 must be right, i haven't checked the microswitch- where is this exactly? i don't think my rear wiper leaks either but there must be dodgy wiring going on somewhere in the boot- so i reckon we both have the same issue..doesn't seem like a big problem but its pretty annoying when its dark!
mattyy
Bronze Member

sorted

Post by mattyy »

i sorted mine mate.

i took it to the garage and they WD-40 the latch on the tailgate, and kept playing with it, pushing it in an out.

in the end it started working because of a loose connection, so try that.

Mattyy
poLoTDI1.4
New

Post by poLoTDI1.4 »

fuse numero 10 in the fuse box, 7.5 is the one you need :)
lolhoward
Platinum Member

Post by lolhoward »

Mines been playing up for ages. Sprayed mine too but only lasted a short while. Anybody know the part number of the switch for a mk5?