RWD v6 beast anyone?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
toXXin

Post by toXXin »

Nice one mate, its great to see people have the balls to do things themselves!

Any other plans?
Tigz
Gold Member

Post by Tigz »

Colour looks great mate
One thing though, the bonnet looks little dull compaired to the quarter panel, is that just the pic?
Loving the look though mate, good job.
vdubit
Gold Member

Post by vdubit »

Cheers chaps. Cant believe someone else actually likes the colour!

Other plans, obviously 9j rear rims, 8j front. Arches i'm working on, cant find any weld in panels that'll fit nicely, prob gonna end up welding in front wings on the back or bonding mk2 golf wheelarch spats on. Dont quite know yet though. I've got to respray both doors again as theres a defect on both of them, and have just found some new shape audi a3 handles cheap so may get them on there.

Regarding the bonnet, pic was takin before i flatted it! Hopefully finish the flatting today. I sprayed the bonnet in the dark so didnt come out to good!

Prob gonna spray some speed stripes down by the skirts, like the photoshop i did. May spray the pillars black too. Also got a plan for the front bumper, but need a spare to play with.

Oh yeah, and i'm currently making an engine cover from carbon fibre. Depending how it turns out i may be selling sopme soon!

Will keep you all updated
samil87
Silver Member

Post by samil87 »

plans sound good...cant wait to see the 9J wheels on
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

It might just be the pics but the bottom grill looks faded compared to the top one if you get me.
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

They do fade for some reason, mines the same when you see it in person.
vdubit
Gold Member

Post by vdubit »

I left it on to start with when filling the bumper, so was covered in filler dust, they've all been washed now and look loads better.

All plans are on hold for a lil while, gearbox has gone (again) so gotta sort that out. Thats the 4th time in 70,000 miles. Bloody crap car. Trying to get hold of a low mile lupo gti engine and 6 speed box. But the owner doesnt wanna sell the box with it, only a five speed. Which means the problem will happen again :(
*DollyBurd*
New

Post by *DollyBurd* »

dont like that at all, the colour is yuck and whats with the black roof, defo not my cup of tea but well done for all the hard work you put into it, too much time and effort for something that looks so horrid x
polo power
Gold Member

Post by polo power »

charming thats not very nice give the bloke some credit for trying something different :o
vdubit
Gold Member

Post by vdubit »

Haha, just seen your car!

Made me laugh :shock:

Cheers PP :D
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

Now now people lets keep it clean and calm no scrapping :lol: :wink: :lol:
polo power
Gold Member

Post by polo power »

haha :lol:
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Biddle wrote:It might just be the pics but the bottom grill looks faded compared to the top one if you get me.
Mine go like this sometimes too. Last weekend after washing the car, I sprayed the grilles with AutoGlym Silicone-free Spray, which I normally reserve for the front splitter and as a tyre dressing for shows. It seems to have worked really well, all the grilles have gone back to shiny black and look superb 8) you just need to remember to remove any overspray from the paintwork...
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

*DollyBurd* wrote:dont like that at all, the colour is yuck and whats with the black roof, defo not my cup of tea but well done for all the hard work you put into it, too much time and effort for something that looks so horrid x
thats a bit harsh like!!! You cant say its horrid!! The bodywork is top notch!! Yeh the colour is not to my taste either, but he likes it and if he does go off it, its obvious to see he has the skills to change it!
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

Si_GTi wrote:
Biddle wrote:It might just be the pics but the bottom grill looks faded compared to the top one if you get me.
Mine go like this sometimes too. Last weekend after washing the car, I sprayed the grilles with AutoGlym Silicone-free Spray, which I normally reserve for the front splitter and as a tyre dressing for shows. It seems to have worked really well, all the grilles have gone back to shiny black and look superb 8) you just need to remember to remove any overspray from the paintwork...
Yeh thats what i do si. I use tyre dressing on all the black bits. Works really well!! :D