Suspension Problem

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
Arnoldo
Gold Member

Suspension Problem

Post by Arnoldo »

See below..
Last edited by Arnoldo on Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian_R
Gold Member

Post by Ian_R »

Answer to Number 2 is yes it will mate, i know on mine it has helped alot, but again i suppose every Garage that does this is different ie, the one i use is the s**t, Most up to date Hardware and Software to fixx all problems, but there is only a limited number of these in the uk, and i have one in edinburgh lol
Arnoldo
Gold Member

Post by Arnoldo »

Cheers Ian. Any knowledge on number one? Its got my baffled. M8 says its prob cause of the wheels being wide.
Ian_R
Gold Member

Post by Ian_R »

Arnoldo wrote:Cheers Ian. Any knowledge on number one? Its got my baffled. M8 says its prob cause of the wheels being wide.
1 thing it could maybe be is your arches? i really dunno tho mate, best getting it checked if not to sure
adamvfr
Getting There!

Post by adamvfr »

Yo matey

I also got the 60mm Phil J Evo springs and dampers.
Tracking/wheel alignment as said will sort out the steering.
Maybe 45 profile tyres would sort the slight rubbing, ive got 15s with 195/45s and i dont have no scrubing watsoever.
Arnoldo
Gold Member

Post by Arnoldo »

Ye was thinkin it was the tyres :( What wheels u got on urs? They look nice :D
badboypolo
Silver Member

Post by badboypolo »

how much did you pay for them? that the guy on club polo? Im looking at the evo coillies
Arnoldo
Gold Member

Post by Arnoldo »

Ok have yet ANOTHER problem. The drivers side rear is near enough touching the arch and the other side is about an inch off it !! Any ideas :S This kit has been a disaster :(
Ian_R
Gold Member

Post by Ian_R »

Arnoldo wrote:Ok have yet ANOTHER problem. The drivers side rear is near enough touching the arch and the other side is about an inch off it !! Any ideas :S This kit has been a disaster :(
Sounds Like it aint Been Fitted Properly, Either that or Parts are wrong in the Kit, if i was you, i'd be putting the OEM Suspension back on mate!
adamvfr
Getting There!

Post by adamvfr »

My rims are made by Exip.
Yer i have no problems at all with mine, so must be something to do with the installation from what you have explained.
The_phat_controlleruk
Silver Member

Post by The_phat_controlleruk »

Aha, you have had the EXACT same prob as me, I to bought the EVO (I beleive) kit off PhilJ and went for an 80mm drop on 15's. Steering was seriously out, wheels lined up and the steering was pointing to the left, when driving, straightened up the wheel and she pulled to one side. Went to Elite in Rainham and they sorted the prob out. Apparently, the guy in Elite was saying the rear end of a polo is generally slightly out and cannot be adjusted, if I could post the picture of the computer printout I got of the before and after, it would make people chuckle. They charged me £50 to do toe in/out, camber and castor. Drives as sweet as anything now. On another note, I found PhilJ extremely helpful after I had fitted the kit, he sounds like an alright bloke.
Arnoldo
Gold Member

Post by Arnoldo »

See Below...
Last edited by Arnoldo on Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian_R
Gold Member

Post by Ian_R »

Yip the front you can adjust, but i do believe you can not adjust the back for toe in/out as its a soild rear beam, but get all the camber done mate, and the steering will sort it's self out as i already said!
Arnoldo
Gold Member

Post by Arnoldo »

Ok got the car lowered recently with jacksons 60mm springs and shock kit. Put everything together and shes leaning over on the drivers side now. The wheels and tyres are 15/195/50 and are bbs ra's. Anyone have any ideas? As there was no instructions with the kit, it was simply a guessing game. Only things I can think of would be springs on the wrong way. E.g theres a small end and a large end to the spring. Also there were a couple of bits we didnt use on the kit. These are shown below in the pic.

Anyone got any ideas?

P.s - The steering and camber are now fixed.

itsjustme
New

Post by itsjustme »

I hope I understand you correct. Your car is leaning to the drivers side after you lowerd?!?

Its a problem which have many polo`s with a sport undercarriage.

the littel ring on the pictures looks like the ring which came between the spring carrier and the end of the plunger.

The big think looks like a spring carrier from the rear axle...