Anyone have a 1litre Mk5?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

the ehaust is now on! it rocks! getting through elite direct wasn't a good idea! although it was cheap we would of had to wait 7 weeks to get it, fook that! phoned up demon tweeks and it was with us in under 24 hours! now thats service! also phone em about a replacement air filter from K&N and it was priced at £35 ish! not bad. i no K&N also do an induction kit but that would mean taking that box off, which wouldn't look that great!

check out readers rides for "dans project mk5" for a full spec and pics! :D
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

Its looking pretty sweet now :D

Whats the sound like from the backbox, and how much was it from Demon Tweeks?

Reading the info in the Members Rides, should be great when its finished. I havent done anything else to mine recently except for a new Sony CD player and some rear speakers.
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

exhaust is rather quiet, but then it is only a back box! it has got louder as its been used more, sound really smart from the back! might be worth getting a cat back from remus instead. they do the back box plus a pipe which replaces the centre box! that would make it a bit louder! also get an air filter or induction kit cause that will make it sound a bit meatier! the back box from demon tweeks was around £217 including delivery which was next day! k&N do an induction kit for the 1.0l but do u really want to take the box off of the engine! might make it look a bit ugly! K&N do a replacement element for about £35. won't be as good as an induction kit but still, better than nothing!

does anyone have a pic of an indction kit and where it goes on a 1.0l?
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

exhaust has livened up abit now it has done a few hundred miles and it really sounds nice when accelerating (apparently, i have never heard it pull away as i'm always driving it!! :D )
also now got a k&n panel filter under the bonnet, well actually i've got 2 because after i went to fit the first one, we realised that there were 2 filters under the top box. the filters were from demon tweeks and were around £50 after VAT and p&p. (thats each)
these will probably have to bed in a bit just like the exhaust but i've taken her for a spin and i'm already noticing some differences!
power delivery seems smoother and accelerating in 3rd gear seems quicker. also travelling at 70mph in 5th is achieved at below 4000rpm when before the new filters were fitted, it was just on 4000rpm and above.
this suggests that accelerating overall has become faster. yay :D
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

Well I think the K&Ns will be going top of my christmas list this year :D
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

another difference is that the accelerator feels more responsive!! more easy now to beat those crappy novas and fiestas who see the exhaust and decide to drive up it!! :D :D :twisted:
polopowah
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

The k&n induction kit blots straight onto the carb!!
you have to take the whole engine cover off first, then your left with the hole where the carb is
looks ugly now though!! but roars alot
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

i hate to say this, but its not a carb! multi point injection! sorry for being picky! :(

got any pics of wot it looks like? the replacement elements do make it a bit louder but if ya didn't no they were there, u wouldn't!