Help me out... I can't choose!

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

I've actually thought about it...

But not seriously enough- when is it anyway (stupid question)? It's a bit of a logistical nightmare with the ferry transport and all... I've looked into it a couple of months ago, but it's not easy, and not cheap.

I'll consider it again!

8)

BTW: Got the Ronals. I am Very Happy. Look almost new, and are so impressive in person!

First thing tomorrow is the fitter for some decent rubber!

w00t!
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Speed

GTi is over the weekend of 10th and 11th May

www.gtiinternational.co.uk

I would be honoured to have you on the stand!
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

it would be nice to have you on the stand even thou i wont be there :(
btw what rubber are you thinking of and specify that you want them ballenced with glued weights inside the wheel cos seen as thay arnt New New the monkey might start hammering bits to them
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Josh-

I'll definitely look into it, and thanks for the offer of having me on the stand *blush* :D I spoke to a mate that lives in London now and he's up for it if I am, so I'll give it some serious thought.

Ash-

The wheels have old-fashioned hammered on weights right now, but on the inside so it's invisible. It's cheaper though innit? Don't really mind either way, I've spent so already the more expensive stuff won't even show up on radar.

You aren't coming then, for sure? I know it's a extremely long way off, just inquiring.
whitie
New

Post by whitie »

got any pics of the ronals on?
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Whitie, the Ronals aren't on yet! I still need a centering ring, different bolts, 4 tyres and a fitter... I'm trying to get all that sorted out now, and after it's all done I still need to have a camera.

I tried to sort it all out before coming Sunday, but I don't think it'll work like that- logistical problems and a busy agenda take care of that.

:(

Aim is now for two weeks.
Dipesh
New

Post by Dipesh »

Whats the offset of your ronals?

How can u call Turbo's venoms of the dub scene?!?! These are a classic wheel and not something that will just come and go like how the venoms did.
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

well a hammered weight on the inside will stow(on the balencing machine ) a perfect balence but in real life if there is a slight flat or warp on a wheel then they will most prolly vibrate. as for the price thing they should be the same price (for reference, where i wor=k its 9 euros for the balencing and valve )
and as for coming to inters i might be going so if you go we`ll have a competition on who did the most kms :P and also theres a ferry from holland which drops you off literally 30 min (or less) from the show
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Ash, is there a ferry that does that? Tell me! I'll tell the fitter to use glued weights btw.

Dipesh- I agree on the Venoms. The Turbos have been around for decades now, and this type of wheels is made by several companies (Zender, Schmidt has its TH line, etc.) and is here to stay. Venoms gave TSW a massive boost in sales for a very short period of time. They've been around about as long as three-spoke wheels have...

Here today, [...]

The offset I have on my set is 35mm. I thought I bought 28mm, but I guess that got lost in the translation somewhere. The tyres arrive next Tuesday, and I'll make an appointment for the following weekend.

Can't wait...

Good thing is that my other brother has bought a digicam as well... So pics should be no problem anymore. Well less of a problem anyway.
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

ill try and get you some info on the ferry but iirc it goes from the "Hoek van holland" into harwich which is just below felixstowe
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

just checked in the inters site (thanks josh :D) and its 40 miles from harwich to the show (<80km )
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

This is very interesting indeed. Hoek van Holland is doable. I'll look at the ferry now, thanks a lot for the hookup!

:D
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

:) :wink: no problem i hope i get to meet you
nappy
New

Post by nappy »

Ronal Bears
one word "NO"