K&N

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
VwPo1o
Getting There!

Post by VwPo1o »

I managed to fit my K&N induction kit the other day and everything is fine. The only thing is, I don't know where the thin hose goes that used to be connected to the cover go!
norton
New

Post by norton »

thanks, where did you get the kit and the breather filter etc from please,
also how does it effect the running/performance etc .
i have a peco back box fitted ,other than that all is standard.

regards norton
niks
Bronze Member

Post by niks »

hey boys and girls just came back from a trip to K&n. Left them with me car and got a spanking peug. with K&N plastered all over it (nice). Hopefully will see what they say tomorrow and let you lot know.
VwPo1o
Getting There!

Post by VwPo1o »

Well, what did they say. Very interested to know what happened!

NORTON: What do you mean by the breather filter? Where does that go? I have a peco back box as well and it sounds really good, especially in second gear. You get this really crisp bass note. The only problem is that you really have to hit the gas pedal hard for the induction kit to make the noise, otherwise you can't really hear it.
norton
New

k&n further gossip

Post by norton »

hi again in reply to your q about breather pipe, i thought you said you had a spare pipe/connection when you took off the origional air box.
if this is the case did you attach a small filter to it ? .

all this may be un necc as the k&n boys seem to be trying to produce a proper set up for the mk5.

i wait with baited breath
niks
Bronze Member

Post by niks »

sorry boys couldnt get to computer until now well the kits nice got it done for FREE!!!!! and like the rest say its give a nice grunt and sounds like a turbo at high speeds.

Right its the same fitments as the MK 4 one but has extra holes in it somewhere K&N say it should be listed by now for you lot but on the down side airbox covered removed so the engine looks a little untidy.

The gains are great should get an increase in accleration and top speed ( basically the graphs all went up so all good).

Anyway its a well worth mod and now time for a exhaust kit anyone know where i could get this done for free???? ( jokes)
VwPo1o
Getting There!

Post by VwPo1o »

Any chance of a few close up pics of the engine and the work they did??? :lol:
norton
New

Post by norton »

Yes you are right i fitted a mk4 induction kit ,the filter and main breather
fit as per the supplied kit,however the small rocker cover breather pipe has no where to go so i fitted a breather filter to the end of this pipe
and made a small bracket.

The breather filter is fitted near the main filter now,this prevents an occasional oily smell and oil residue in the engine bay.

The air intake tube is directed to the n/s/f bumper grill this was the only place to route it without cutting out any holes to the plastic front panel.

I will take some pictures for you just to show my modified mk4 kit
until k&n produce a spe :wink: cific mk5 kit..........
polopowah
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

all sorted nice
it does give a nice grunt dont it!, im still ummmin and arrring whether to get a backbox, as the induction noise is quite loud as it is
-Ben-
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

get a back box, the noise difference isn't a great deal! my bro's sounds very nice and not loud at all! :lol:
polopowah

Post by polopowah »

what backbox has your bro' got??
was it the remus one if i remember rightly??
-Ben-
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

yeah, tis the remus one rally look i think its called! very well made and well worth the money!

i bleive remus do a duplex system for the car n all, thats if ya wanted something a bit different! :twisted:
polopowah

Post by polopowah »

nice
i see that the bodywork hasnt been touched to make way for the exhaust tip, looks good
-Ben-
jon_poloV
Sponsor

xaust!

Post by jon_poloV »

dont mean to be anoying but im not sure if you got one that came under the bumper polopowah weather it would be ok. youve got your car damm low and the backbox may be too low and catch on things. this would cause serious problems!
VwPo1o
Getting There!

Post by VwPo1o »

your car is sooooo low!!! The exhaust is virtually touching the floor!! Thinking of getting coilovers myself, but i don't have £600, could probably scrape £400 though.