ROFLMFAOROLF @ Corsa Sport!

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

I didnt notice the exact plate, but yeah, it was a black one with what seemed to be a custom reg. You know him? (are him?! or her :))

Didn't pay too much attention to those details at the time as I was concentrating on avoiding slamming into the back of the c*** at all of 28 bloody mph.... It suddenly seems like a very high speed when someone darts out right in front of you with little warning, and then STOPS still for no reason on a wet road. Almost caused a 4 car pile up on one of the major roads thru south-central brum - him, me (locked the wheels a bit in the end), the Smartcar behind me, and the civic behind the smart - which seriously MUST have ended up kissing his bumper.

Then there was the cabbie 50 yards down attempting a 3 point turn in the middle of a 4 lane road (like, you could easily have done a no-point u-turn in a Hummer), in no particular hurry at all..! :D
KarlM

Post by KarlM »

Could have been Martins (Mr Boost)

the engine spec looks like this:
3.0 24v Twin Turbo, HKS Super drager exhaust, HKS high performance air filter system with gold cover and screw, HKS Super SQBOV with uprated ring,, engine compartment colour coded in bronze. . Supra-Performance cat replacement pipes. HKS type R Gearbox cooler, TRD radiator Cap, Triple core high pressure race spec radiator by Rad-Tec. Greedy Polished alloy radiator pipes, TRL Performance DSC and VFCC. HKS Super AFR, Blitz SBC-ID Series II boost controller.

Running about 600hp at last check i think
KarlM

Post by KarlM »

from the front:

Krupa
Gold Member

Post by Krupa »

Tahrey1043
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

Naw it certainly wasn't THAT supra. It was an older model for one thing (better clue as to where I was - the place was a hive of 15-year-old japanese cars :D) and not as well looked after, dusty and dirty even in the rain. Plus I reckon I would have heard the exhaust of that thing over my stereo even at idle. (Third point - no one putting so much effort into their motor can really be suspected of driving in a way thats likely to put a banger into the back of them? Even if my car was written off it wouldnt match the cost of a dented panel on such a mota! its modded, but in a much more 'clever' way than the corsa)

Speaking of which, even the driver of this slack jawed yokel
thinks it looks like a puddle of the white stuff!

(and the folks on migweb sure half have some cracking one liners for it... its a moonpig)
Tahrey1043

Post by Tahrey1043 »

hows this for a lot of pipes :D

I can just imagine that when someone says the driver should pull out all the stops, he does.... including the one marked "farmyard sounds" and unfolds a little keyboard out and across from the glovebox, using the pedals for bass...
Nice lights though, kinda... batman meets buck rogers, on the back seat of a 57 chevy.
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

hes from Scotland!! :lol:
Tahrey1043

Post by Tahrey1043 »

I'm no good on geography - is glasgie close enough to strath that you could pop over there, hunt 'em out and see if you can play scotland the brave on those pipes? :D

(be great if they *were* actually tuned, and there was a series of levers inside for operating each note)
Krupa
Gold Member

Post by Krupa »

http://wraggy.com/barryboys/forum/phpbb ... php?t=4986 I suppose it was only a matter of time before Barryboys.co.uk got hold of it. :lol:
dob-polo6n
Getting There!

Post by dob-polo6n »

I bet he's at MaxPower Crail on sunday.... oh dear.
ereeiz
Bronze Member

Post by ereeiz »

Please.......help...........
I feel sick
D4V1D
Bronze Member

Post by D4V1D »

that has to be photoshopped!!!!! i mean, check out those rear indicaotrs, theyve just been stuck on the back. i hope they just made that for a laugh, id hate to think how much the lad paid to have his car ruined like that.
polopowah
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Re: ROFLMFAOROLF @ Corsa Sport!

Post by polopowah »

[quote="KarlM"]I'm in f*****g TEARS!!!

tears of joy? or tears of sadness :lol:
that looks sooo bad, how to ruin a good car
-Ben-
Tahrey1043

Post by Tahrey1043 »

fao krupa.....

*reads barryboy link*

it's a 12v? :D Wicked! That means I could race him and comfortably win! (had a bit of a duel-that-wasnt with an unmodified 12v along the M23... some young lady at the wheel who was quite plainly flat out in 5th, and it took at least 3 miles to catch up, slipstream, and then inch past. Needed a hill to properly close the gap. Luckily the road was pretty empty at that point so no-one behind got the 2-trucks syndrome at 80-odd mph)

Mind you it's also kind of sad that someone would dump so much money on modding a car and not even have a decent motor underneath to start with - the price difference is peanuts in comparison and surely he's made sure to extend his insurance to all that bodykit and work? (otherwise... have a crash.... 15 grand of uninsured mods in the toilet)
Then again it's a barry car, probably not taxed or insured :D

EDIT: Oh, whoops, its had a 1.6 16v swapped in, which must make it... ooh... at least as rapid as a 1.3 CL with all that stuff on :) .... but as it's still registered as a 12v it seems he hasn't bothered to inform the relevant authorities of the capacity increase. bazza.

Previous mod apparently looked like this:
Which, to my shame, I must say doesn't look all that bad. At least from that angle. It's a beauty in comparison anyway!

And a couple bits of randomness from the same stupidnorthernmonkey site:
If you can't afford even a knackered 2nd hand Landie... then blow a couple thou on getting your Fiesta jacked up instead. (How do you get in or out of it?! Built in stepladders? Must corner like a double decker bus, but without the weight of the engine on the bottom)

Now THATS low. We should all give up now. :D (how do you steer that thing?)

That site is classic ;)
SteveB
Silver Member

Post by SteveB »

Should've photoshopped it first, it looks bad. :x