Hi!

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
OGDMX
Getting There!

Post by OGDMX »

my polo first car first years insurance cost me almost 1800 TPFT :evil:

that was the cheapest i could find....grrr

but 6 month ago a bmw driver decided his car wanted an arguement with mine so ive had no car for 7 months :cry:

butttt my insurance is now £3.18 a month Image
MintySE
Bronze Member

Post by MintySE »

my 1.4se cost me 1300 quid fully comp, im 21 and ive got my bro on my policy and he's 18 ! i have four years no claims though
jammy arn't i lol

matt
Crisis
Bronze Member

Post by Crisis »

Best thought is, I'l keep my Polo through Uni, then when Im done, I'l have 5 years no claim, 5 years experience of driving, and then I will go buy myself something stupidly powerful. Well not that stupid. At the moment I would love a 6N2 1.6 GTi.

For a laugh I phoned up an insurance company for a quote on insurance for me at the moment. I said the car is worth £7500 fully comp would cost me £3500 a year! Lol what a joke.

Some places are expensive for my 1.0L I had a quote from Elephant for £2500, Tesco was £1500 now with Churchill for £900. Ha, Churchill wont let me modify the car in any way until Im 21. They dont know I have lexus lights, upgraded sound system and alloy wheels to come. Yet I know someone who was with Churchill and they let him do his up.

Why can't everything be simple... like free insurance for ALL!

Sorri that reply was a little long for my liking.
BenMMellor
New

Post by BenMMellor »

insurance is ridiculous in this country..

I have 2 cars.. the Polo for bimbling about in all day and business use and a rip snorting beast for the weekend. I used to have 2 Celicas.. one for business use and the beast for weekend fun.

I needed to cut costs so sold the 'slower' Celica and bought the 16v Polo. I was paying Adrian Sux £560 a year (5yrs No-claims protected) for the Celica (1.8) with only an induction kit on it and had class1 business use. Tried to change the policy to cover the Polo - they wanted another £180 !
Had to cancel this and move it over to ESure for £540 - losing £200 for pro-rata cover on the policy.

My weekend beast - Celica GT(2.0), front and rear strut braces, Blitz SUS Power Filter, Blitz Realize TT Cat Back exhaust, lowered 40mm and 17" Momo X1's - oh and Toyota Skirt kit costs me £900 a year with 1yr NCD.
Oh and I'm nearly 29 !
Crisis
Bronze Member

Post by Crisis »

Thats fukin stupid. I mean yeh its MODDED so it will be more, but maybe £600 tops.

My dads car is a Lexus IS200 with body kit and what not he pays like £500. He would have like 20 years no claim, lol.

Although I did look at Citroen Insurance for a new C2, for me at the moment, I could have a 1.1 C2 for only £900 insurance and the 1.4 is only £1200 without any years no claim.
CalvinGTI
Sponsor

Post by CalvinGTI »

Adrian flux are the nads !

On my MK5 polo Gti with 17" wheels, lowered, air filter.

It costs me £500 Fully comp with fully protected no claims (i can claim twice in 3 years and it wont effect my full no claims)

Sweet John !

Calâ„¢
Crisis
Bronze Member

Post by Crisis »

Calvin, your car rocks.

I saw it, and those exact words came to mind. I do love the GTi!
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

even my dad pays loads

R32, he's 53 £900

he has got 9 points for speeding :?
Crisis
Bronze Member

Post by Crisis »

Well I dont think those 9 points really help. But really once your 30 or so you can afford to pay £1000 on insurance if you have to. I bloody can't. Lol.
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

thats when snoopers come in! :wink:
Crisis
Bronze Member

Post by Crisis »

How much difference would having a snooper make on insurance?

I guess for the under 21 it wouldn't make much difference at all becuase the main risk is us crashing a car.

Reasons Insurance is expensive is:

a. We have no experience, so crash/desturction/damage risks are high.
b. If we buy a more expensive car they have to fork out more when we do the above.

But snoopers, are they really worth while? Perhaps to a modified 'more desirable' car?
Nelson
Getting There!

Post by Nelson »

Crisis wrote:How much difference would having a snooper make on insurance?
Nothing to the insurance companies! The snooper won't protect the car in their eyes, which is all they're looking for. It may protect your licence though.
Crisis wrote:But snoopers, are they really worth while? Perhaps to a modified 'more desirable' car?

All snoopers do is warn of an approaching speed camera! Maybe you are thinking of a tracker, which will find the car once its been nicked.
Crisis
Bronze Member

Post by Crisis »

Ahh yeh I was thinking Tracker. It was a Sunday, my brain was resting.