My Dark Blue 6n2 1.4 16v pics

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
mattskate
Bronze Member

Re: My Dark Blue 6n2 1.4 16v pics

Post by mattskate »

red6n2 wrote:How are you fitting the spoiler ?.

screw and tiger bond, theres these like clips on the spoiler that go into the where the 3rd brake light would usually be, but atm its gonna be more of a see how it goes job really...
should be fine tho
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by red6n2 »

Just asked cause I've had a spoiler for ages sitting in my cupboard... Can't decide on the best option lol.
mattskate
Bronze Member

Post by mattskate »

Yea seems like the only way really, also is it difficult getting the headlights off or is it pretty straight forward coz I had a look but not really to sure where to start on them tbh
x3ro
New

Post by x3ro »

mattskate wrote:
red6n2 wrote:How are you fitting the spoiler ?.

screw and tiger bond, theres these like clips on the spoiler that go into the where the 3rd brake light would usually be, but atm its gonna be more of a see how it goes job really...
should be fine tho
Fitted mine exactly like that and came out really well. It's even hard to notice side by side with an OEM fitted spoiler. I had a mate do it for me, but he said the trick was to keep above average pressure on the outside edges of the spoiler until its properly dry. That way it sits flush with the body, in the same way that the outside screws are pulling it in.

Also really strong, you can shake the whole car by pulling at it :lol:
benmkiv
Platinum Member

Post by benmkiv »

I'm not sure how to do mine because if you screw it you need to drill the boot don't you? I was just gonna tiger bond mine.
x3ro
New

Post by x3ro »

Not worth drilling imo. Tiger bond + the middle clip that goes into the 3rd break light are enough
mattskate
Bronze Member

Post by mattskate »

wat type of tiger bond did u use? i got some araldite 90second adhesive but i tested it and it dont set quick enough and solid enough?
mattskate
Bronze Member

Re: My Dark Blue 6n2 1.4 16v pics angel eyes fitted :)

Post by mattskate »

after a day of everything not going quite as planned i got my angel eyes fitted :)
(and also got some fluffy dice...)
mattskate
Bronze Member

Re: My Dark Blue 6n2 1.4 16v pics Spoiler now on!

Post by mattskate »

finally got round to fitting my spoiler, alot easier than i thought but makes the whole car look alot better, love it :)
mattskate
Bronze Member

Re: My Dark Blue 6n2 1.4 16v pics (sound upgrade)

Post by mattskate »

new speakers+crossovers :)
need to get an amp for them tho which means another head unit that has 2rca outputs.....
may hav to wait till after july, got my tax, service + mot so jus in case anything need doing ill save my money for now, which is quite annoying coz i wanna get them in now haha

mattskate
Bronze Member

Re: My Dark Blue 6n2 1.4 16v pics [update]

Post by mattskate »

havent done anything for a while now on my car which is a shame, mostly coz of paying out for the mot, service and tax all in the same month :( and failing on a couple of things on the mot, but its all sorted now which is good which means i can finally think about fitting my new audio bits and bobs (mid speakers, tweeters, crossovers, another amp and change head unit)
looks pretty straight forward but any tips wud be great ;)
also got a quote for my insurance next year+jus for bein a year older+1years no claims goes from £2500-£1300 which still aint cheap but sooo much better, which means more money for mods ;)
watch this space.....
red6n2

Post by red6n2 »

I'm 25 this month and insurance is due in oct il have 4 years no claims (only passed when I was 21) if mine is not under £500 I'm taking up walking !.

I have some jbl gto coaxial speakers in the rear and some upgraded component fronts (can't remember what they are something slicks) I need a new stereo though as I refuse to put my iPod back in that on.

Was thinking of the sony dsx s300btx what you think to that ?!.

Im not to hot on the audio side.
mattskate
Bronze Member

Post by mattskate »

red6n2 wrote:I'm 25 this month and insurance is due in oct il have 4 years no claims (only passed when I was 21) if mine is not under £500 I'm taking up walking !.

I have some jbl gto coaxial speakers in the rear and some upgraded component fronts (can't remember what they are something slicks) I need a new stereo though as I refuse to put my iPod back in that on.

Was thinking of the sony dsx s300btx what you think to that ?!.

Im not to hot on the audio side.

500 is a bargain!!! Haha yea I'm not too up on head units rele, ill be selling my pioneer soon for £30 think it's she 1300 and sounds pretty decent :) all I know is pioneers and kenwoods are good apparently haha, jus have a look at the reviews on them ;)
mattskate
Bronze Member

Re: My Dark Blue 6n2 1.4 16v [New pics+New speakers etc]

Post by mattskate »

ok so i finally got round to fitting my new mids, tweeters, crossovers, head unit and amp.....
sounds so much better, so clear.
and gave her a good old scrub so thought i mite as well take the opportunity to take sum more recent pics of her.
also my driver side window, and now my passenger window dont go up unless u pull them....happened after i shut my door (not even hard) with the window down, heard like a little rattle when the door shut and now the windows dont work, happened to both of them. figured if it happened jus coz of summin simple like shutting the door surely theres a simple way of fixing it??
propa annoying tho especailly on hot days!!! :x
but yea any help would be great cheers.
also considering getiing foot well lights (as tacky as they sound) but hav seen a few that actually look alrite and the car is really dark at night so yea.
and maybe getting my bump strips taken off and smoothed.....
oh and maybe instead of getting new alloys for now, getting mine sprayed white? still thinking about it haha
thoughts??

wires everywhere....
everything to go in
state of my old speakers
new tweeters
crossover
red6n2

Post by red6n2 »

With all that on display your car would not last 5 mins where I live.