Stage 2 revo, worth it?

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
mashmarriner
Gold Member

Re: Stage 2 revo, worth it?

Post by mashmarriner »

Stage one is about £400 right?

I cannot find prices for the stage two, how much would just the remap set you back, as ano you would have to spend a good 1.5k on other parts
Greig1993
New

Post by Greig1993 »

2 Years too late mate (y)
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

mashmarriner wrote:Stage one is about £400 right?

I cannot find prices for the stage two, how much would just the remap set you back, as ano you would have to spend a good 1.5k on other parts

You can go stage one with just a remap with is around the £250 mark. Everything thins else is just supporting mods to help out, eg air filter/ induction and a 007/008 DV

Stage 2 is again another remap probably around the same price but requires you to have an upgraded exhaust, eg miltek full system. This is because the down pipe is bigger :) I believe most tuners will say that stage 2 will require a FMIC too, so stage 2 is where it gets expensive :)
blkpolo
Bronze Member

Post by blkpolo »

Yeahhluke wrote:
mashmarriner wrote:Stage one is about £400 right?

You can go stage one with just a remap with is around the £250 mark. Everything thins else is just supporting mods to help out, eg air filter/ induction and a 007/008 DV

Stage 2 is again another remap probably around the same price but requires you to have an upgraded exhaust, eg miltek full system. This is because the down pipe is bigger :) I believe most tuners will say that stage 2 will require a FMIC too, so stage 2 is where it gets expensive :)
To upgrade to stage 2 from stage 1 is only £50 odd. That's what I did, I think its just an adjustment in the map upping the fueling, hence the 4bar fuel pressure regulator.
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Post by Mr Blobby »

I totally agree with the fuel thing, it shouldnt matter.

But it is only a front wheel drive car and adding more bhp will force you to set up the car properly to put the power down which costs money obviously.

I have just bought a 2004 subaru impreza wrx sti (I know its not to everyones taste but its just an example) it is 260 bhp but because of weight is only a little bit faster then my stage 1+ polo gti. But and its a big BUT, it handles amazingly better than my polo and puts down the power all the time. It has not spun the wheels yet while accelerating. Basically its just miles better than the polo... The point I am making is this subaru cost less than my polo did, so if you are looking for a better car buy something like this maybe...? it will be cheaper than modding your current car to go faster and it will respond SO MUCH better to modding if you wanted to. Just a remap will take it to 300bhp.
mashmarriner
Gold Member

Post by mashmarriner »

Mr Blobby wrote:I totally agree with the fuel thing, it shouldnt matter.

But it is only a front wheel drive car and adding more bhp will force you to set up the car properly to put the power down which costs money obviously.

I have just bought a 2004 subaru impreza wrx sti (I know its not to everyones taste but its just an example) it is 260 bhp but because of weight is only a little bit faster then my stage 1+ polo gti. But and its a big BUT, it handles amazingly better than my polo and puts down the power all the time. It has not spun the wheels yet while accelerating. Basically its just miles better than the polo... The point I am making is this subaru cost less than my polo did, so if you are looking for a better car buy something like this maybe...? it will be cheaper than modding your current car to go faster and it will respond SO MUCH better to modding if you wanted to. Just a remap will take it to 300bhp.
yes but also a scooby will cost oover 7k for me to insure just for a year, if i could afford to run and buy and evo or scooby i would :(, am only 20, and insurance is the only thing stopping me from getting a proper fast high performance car, cheaper for me to insure a GTI with all Stage 2 and mods then to insure a standard golf 2.0TDI, :S (don't ask how, i have no idea) never mind a AWD performance beast :(,

insurance is one thing mankind will never understand
sam_vw
Bronze Member

Stage 2 revo, worth it?

Post by sam_vw »

As soon as you turn 21 swap to Greenlight. All mods declared for stage 2 on my is £800 for the year, I'm 21. Said if I stay with them upto 23 or so they would probably insure me on an Evo for £1100 (fq340)
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Post by Mr Blobby »

mashmarriner wrote:yes but also a scooby will cost oover 7k for me to insure just for a year, if i could afford to run and buy and evo or scooby i would :(, am only 20, and insurance is the only thing stopping me from getting a proper fast high performance car, cheaper for me to insure a GTI with all Stage 2 and mods then to insure a standard golf 2.0TDI, :S (don't ask how, i have no idea) never mind a AWD performance beast :(,

insurance is one thing mankind will never understand
I am only 20 and have a Subaru :) when you are 21 it will be okay to insure.
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

Not everyone is in the same boat insurance wise though so its a tough one, i agree its one thing ill never understand :?
mashmarriner
Gold Member

Post by mashmarriner »

20 and a scooby f**k, i wish it was that easy for me to insure a scooby in my area :(, it still well over a grand to insure my 1.2 atm, waiting till my 3rd year is up in june, and hopefuly a GTI will be same as my 1.2 now haha fingers crossed