Reflex Silver 1.2 TDi (XXR 527s)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
benjamin
Getting There!

Re: Reflex Silver 1.2 TDi (XXR 527s)

Post by benjamin »

Xxrs look well mate!

As for lowering, just make you sure you set coilovers properly.

I had my kws fitted by a mate, with no helpers etc, and the ride was bloody horrible. But had them set up properly last month with helpers in and all alignment done, my fronts are low, and rears are as low can be with 20mm spacers. And doesn't catch at all unless I got a speed bump too hard. I have the 17inch boaviatas on mine. I'll admit the ride is probably a lot harsher than just a spring change, but I'm ok with it :)
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

aaronon wrote:Hey. I've lowered mine 30mm at the front and am running 17's with 215/40/17's and it seems like I could go lower if you wanted (I couldn't because my back and front flaps already scrape the speed bumps here in NI :)

That's a nice drop, probably the most sensible option for me too. Got any pics of the back?
greypolo9n3 wrote:looks good with the xxr's..

but im going to call the arch gap police on you :shock:
Cheers man. Haha it's understandable, looks like it's on stilts from some angles.
benjamin wrote:Xxrs look well mate!

As for lowering, just make you sure you set coilovers properly.

I had my kws fitted by a mate, with no helpers etc, and the ride was bloody horrible. But had them set up properly last month with helpers in and all alignment done, my fronts are low, and rears are as low can be with 20mm spacers. And doesn't catch at all unless I got a speed bump too hard. I have the 17inch boaviatas on mine. I'll admit the ride is probably a lot harsher than just a spring change, but I'm ok with it :)
Cheers dude, and thanks for the advice. I thought coils would automatically mean scraping and catching on speedbumps when they're wound right down. Will be something to think about :)
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

Had a good clean and polish today, much overdue as I've been at uni for a few months.

Hate the arch gap so much! Looks alright from the back at least.

Going to debadge this week and possibly get the mudguards off. I don't like the look of the grill so I'm thinking of trying plastidip. Would love to just get some springs on but I can't afford it whilst I'm a student :-(

Joe9n3
Bronze Member

Post by Joe9n3 »

you desperately need lows!!! even just getting H&R springs for now then save for some ap coilovers 8)
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

Joe9n3 wrote:you desperately need lows!!! even just getting H&R springs for now then save for some ap coilovers 8)
yeah I can afford the springs easy just not the fitting :( wish I had the tools to do it myself!
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

debadged! also ordered silver inserts for the boot badge, just need some plastidip so I can black it out before the inserts go on, also going to do the chrome strips on the front grille.

as soon as I can afford to get suspension fitted, it'll be lowered 35mm front and 55mm rear. unless i find coilies cheaper than £80 :D

Joe9n3
Bronze Member

Post by Joe9n3 »

Which brand springs you going for? Good to hear your getting some lows finally! 8)
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

Joe9n3 wrote:Which brand springs you going for? Good to hear your getting some lows finally! 8)
just the cheapo PI brand ebay ones. H&R would be ideal and there is a set on ebay second hand now but I'd rather not buy them just yet.
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

Got this badboy as a courtesy car. It's actually a lot of fun even though its a 1 litre. Even this base model feels comfortable and is so nippy, even managed a tiny jump over a bridge on the country lanes on my way home! Makes you realise how dull diesels can be.

The Polo is in the garage getting a new gearbox selector, handbrake mechanism and new door handle. Can't believe how many problems i've had with it, engine is totally fine though.

Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

Plastidipped! Didn't come out brilliantly as I rushed it but it will do for now. Waiting on the silver inserts now.