Weird knock

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
kentwbird
New
Drives: 6C GTI

Re: Weird knock

Post by kentwbird »

LawrenceDGraham wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:22 pm Grab the engine mount on the timingaide and see if there is anymovment in the mount where it bolts too the chassis and see if there is any odd movement the enginemount will move just note that your looking too see if the part under the mount moves
I have tried shaking the engine mount and can't get the part to move.
LawrenceDGraham
Getting There!
Drives: VW Polo GTI 2016

Post by LawrenceDGraham »

kentwbird wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:57 am
LawrenceDGraham wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:22 pm Grab the engine mount on the timingaide and see if there is anymovment in the mount where it bolts too the chassis and see if there is any odd movement the enginemount will move just note that your looking too see if the part under the mount moves
I have tried shaking the engine mount and can't get the part to move.
Well fingers crossed it isn't the same fault as mine just do t reinforce the suspension it will put more tension on where ever the knock is causing it too get worse very quickly I learnt that.
kentwbird
New

Post by kentwbird »

As i am a bit of a newbie would anyone be able to give me some of the possible issues there could be with my symptoms of a loud clunk/knock from both sides when accelerating.
LawrenceDGraham
Getting There!
Drives: VW Polo GTI 2016

Post by LawrenceDGraham »

kentwbird wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:14 am As i am a bit of a newbie would anyone be able to give me some of the possible issues there could be with my symptoms of a loud clunk/knock from both sides when accelerating.
Check the gearbox dog bone first for n damage in the bush or excessive movement that's a start.
kentwbird
New

Post by kentwbird »

Problem found! :D broken flex pipe on downpipe causing the exhaust to hit the underside of the car.
wolfie
Gold Member
Drives: 6R1-1.2 TSI (2011, CBZB, 77Kw)

Post by wolfie »

kentwbird wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:36 am Problem found! :D broken flex pipe on downpipe causing the exhaust to hit the underside of the car.
Good to hear, glad you have it sorted. And it wasn't anything serious. :)